cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay listings

I resell a lot of Home Depot products. So I have to list 50-100 products daily and I have to manually save pictures from the Home Depot site for each product to list on eBay then add the UPC and model numbers. Then I have to do my own description and copy some from Home Depot's. Then I have to do the price markdown sale manually too. Which takes so much time. Does anyone know any tool or website that can do all that for me ?

Message 1 of 49
latest reply
48 REPLIES 48

eBay listings

"resell"...meaning you have all these items where you can actually ship them yourself?

Or are you selling items from a store...which I wouldn't do.

Especially if item might be out of stock. That could be troublesome.

Message 2 of 49
latest reply

eBay listings

I already have these items on me. 

Message 3 of 49
latest reply

eBay listings

You may receive a message from eBay stating they must have receipts for those items.  Tools from Home Depot/Lowes are often stolen so they are aggressively trying to stop the resale of those items.

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 4 of 49
latest reply

eBay listings

You have 1258 items from Home Depot in your possession? 
But you don't have to convince me, it will be eBay you'll need to convince with actual receipts for purchases of those items.  

Message 5 of 49
latest reply

eBay listings

Why is everyone worried about how I got these items. How will I steal 1258 items and not get caught? Comon people just help out with my question.

Message 6 of 49
latest reply

eBay listings

Since you stated you already have these items take and use your own pictures. Most of the items I sell came from some store at some time but I take and use my own pictures and type in my own description. I often do not use the UPC since in many cases I have no idea what it is nor do I often know the model number. While you can look all that up at some point you hit a point of diminishing marginal returns on the time you are spending on the listing. 

Using your own pictures and descriptions tends to make people think you are less likely to be drop shipping. 

Message 7 of 49
latest reply

eBay listings

@homevarietyoutlet wrote:

Why is everyone worried about how I got these items. How will I steal 1258 items and not get caught? Comon people just help out with my question.

Unfortunately your initial post is just full of red flags, it's not just one or two things.

Message 8 of 49
latest reply

eBay listings

what are the red flags

Message 9 of 49
latest reply

eBay listings

@homevarietyoutlet 

These are the red fags, as you yourself wrote them:

"I resell a lot of Home Depot products. So I have to list 50-100 products daily and I have to manually save pictures from the Home Depot site for each product to list on eBay then add the UPC and model numbers. "

You could relieve some anxiety by using your own photos, and NOT those of Home Depot.

And make sure the model numbers are NOT the Home Depot numbers, but the manufacturer's MPN.

You might re-consider using the same UPC numbers as well, since UPC numbers are notoriously flexible, and regularly retired and reassigned to entirely different products.

Hopefully you have kept all those receipts from your purchases, if not for verification purposes for eBay (should they question your account), but definitely for tax purposes for IRS.

And, yes -- Home Depot is one of the outlets that has been suffering from multiple instances of internal theft, as well as large-scale shoplifting.

Message 10 of 49
latest reply

eBay listings

I provided some suggestions and I am not really worried about how you got the items but perception is everything. A lot of responders on this forum have a LOT of experience and if they are telling you their perceptions it is highly possible that eBay may have the same perceptions. 

There are only a few required fields for most listings with a lot of suggested or optional fields. Don't overbuild your listings. 

Message 11 of 49
latest reply

eBay listings

I’m obviously not a thief and if I am I wouldn’t be posting on eBay community. I think most people here are trying to push me hard to find out where I get these items from so they can do the same. These products are manufactured by different brands and are only sold under Home Depot’s name. I have been selling for 3 years and if I were to he doing something wrong eBay would have restricted my account by now. I also wouldn’t have 100% feedback. Anyways thank you.

Message 12 of 49
latest reply

eBay listings

Lets assume I stole those items like you guys are saying. How will I steal over 7,000 products which include the sold items and quantities from Home Depot stores ?? It’s nearly impossible. 

Message 13 of 49
latest reply

eBay listings

@homevarietyoutlet 

The fact you are stealing pictures and text from the Home Depot site, but you say “VARIETY STORE © ALL RIGHTS RESERVED” is a real kicker. 

No one asked, but I am looking forward to the day when having feedback default sorted by relevance seems right.
Message 14 of 49
latest reply

eBay listings

They are the brands pictures not Home Depot’s. People like us can sell on Home Depot. 

Message 15 of 49
latest reply