cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay is discontinuing guides in April

In case you didn't see it...

eBay is discontinuing guides and will be removing them from the site between now and April 12, 2018. If you’ve used guides to help bring buyers to your listings, we offer sellers even more effective ways to generate traffic. Learn how promoted listings and Promotions Manager will help you drive velocity. Please save your work before guides are removed from the site April 12. Backing them up to your computer is as simple as copying and pasting them into new text documents. To keep your guides published on the web, consider transferring them to a web publishing platform, such as Wordpress or Blogger.

I'm really sad to see the guides go. I had a lot of them published. They are also taking away customizable stores soon, so creating custom pages in your store (yes, I considered that) will not work either. Smiley Sad

https://bio.link/langs
Message 1 of 65
latest reply
64 REPLIES 64

Feedback is for remarks regarding the way the seller keeps their good. Reviews are (meant to be) ONLY for rating the PRODUCT.

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 61 of 65
latest reply

@ymeagainlord wrote:
Feedback is for remarks regarding the way the seller keeps their good. Reviews are (meant to be) ONLY for rating the PRODUCT.

Heck if reviews contain more information i'm not complaining i would agree with you if the ebay's reviews system was as popular as amazon, i'm not disagreeing that reviews are only for the product.

In fact good reviews on ebay do not mention the seller at all. But if the buyer goes out of his way to mention that the seller squishes all his items in one box i ain't complaining.

Come to think of it we wouldn't be having this argument and i would fully agree that reviews should contain no seller information whatsoever if the listings-feedback-beacon feature worked more often than it should. Another broken eBay feature as usual.

Message 62 of 65
latest reply

In the message, they say that we can now use Promoted Listings and Promotions Manager...

And I believe they may have fees attached, as opposed to writing guides and customizing my Profile page for free.

I'm sure that we all have put hours of work into creating and editing them to make them appealing.

ebay now thinks that we owe them money for it, and that is just disgraceful.

I think that ebay's ego is becoming more and more over-inflated to the point that they want to wring out sellers profits. (or in other cases operating costs)

You cant draw blood from a stone, and you cant fit  10 lbs. of sh_t into a 5 lb. bag.

Message 63 of 65
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

The way that people seek and share content online has changed drastically since guides were launched, and the reality is that guides no longer fit into most buyer and sellers’ online shopping behavior.

Prove it...

Message 64 of 65
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

• And of course our eBay Community, where all eBay customers can ask questions, share their expertise, and engage with fellow members of the world’s largest online marketplace.

Really?  The Largest?

Message 65 of 65
latest reply