cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay GSP, Pitney Bowes & Aramex

I recently ordered a product from the UK and made use of the Global Shipping Program. I paid all required fees on eBay and product was shipped.

I now received an e-Mail from Aramex stating that they need me to complete import documents, provide proof of purchase (invoice) and proof of payment (bank statements). They do not allow Paypal as proof of payment. If not provided, they cannot get my package released. They told me they do not deal with eBay or Pitney Bowes as they are seen as suppliers.

My question, I paid eBay and Pitney Bowes to take care of this on my behalf. What should I do now? Do a Paypal reversal and let the three companies sort out the package?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Don't go to PayPal and do a reversal just yet.  There's a chain to follow.    Exhaust eBay first. 

Find the item from your purchase history.  If the estimated delivery date has passed, open an Item Not Received claim.  The seller should then contact Pitney Bowes who is responsible to refund you if they fail to complete delivery.   I think you can add a note to the Resolution process. 

Pitney Bowes should have filed all the necessary documents and paid all fees to Aramex on your behalf.  They become the importer once the seller delivered the package to them.  That's how the GSP works.

If your seller won't contact eBay on your behalf (once the INR is started), then you may need to contact them yourself.

- Suzanne -
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Thanks Suzanne!

Yeah, delivery date should be in 3 days time. Will wait it out and follow the process then.

Thanks

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@rianvisser wrote: 

"I now received an e-Mail from Aramex stating that they need me to complete import documents, provide proof of purchase (invoice) and proof of payment (bank statements). They do not allow Paypal as proof of payment. If not provided, they cannot get my package released. They told me they do not deal with eBay or Pitney Bowes as they are seen as suppliers."

Another thing to consider is whether your "...e-Mail from Aramex" was actually from Aramex or a possible scam attempt. ..the request for your bank statements as POP would certainly raise red flags for me. ..Plus whatever other info might be asked for on the "import documents".

That said, I think  both scga912 (Suzanne)'s advice & your own decision to wait it out for now are the best choice.

Good luck & hope it works out well for you!
Bob

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@rianvisser wrote:

I recently ordered a product from the UK and made use of the Global Shipping Program. I paid all required fees on eBay and product was shipped.

I now received an e-Mail from Aramex stating that they need me to complete import documents, provide proof of purchase (invoice) and proof of payment (bank statements). They do not allow Paypal as proof of payment. If not provided, they cannot get my package released. They told me they do not deal with eBay or Pitney Bowes as they are seen as suppliers.

My question, I paid eBay and Pitney Bowes to take care of this on my behalf. What should I do now? Do a Paypal reversal and let the three companies sort out the package?

Hi @rianvisser, I highly recommend that you contact your local Customs Office to discuss this matter as the email you received may not be genuine. Pitney Bowes will handle all necessary import charges/forms for you and additional charges/forms are not typical. If you continue to have issues, contact eBay Customer Service and we can look into this further for you, no problem!

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Thank you for taking the time to respond Trinton.

They have not asked for any payment (yet). But, I can confirm that I did indeed speak to Aramex locally, and yes, it was them who sent me the e-Mail - so, it was not some scam. They needed me to provide them with information for customs, proof of purchase, proof of payment and importer code or identity number - which was strange, because I used the GSP on a number of occassions and this never happened before.

Aramex were plain rude and unwilling to assist. They would have nothing about eBay purchases, the GSP or PB and simply stated I am the buyer and importer and that they do not deal with any other party. After my call I received another e-Mail from Aramex simply stating if I do not provide the information and documents that the parcel would be sent to customs to be abandoned.

So, I sent them all the required information and got a cocky reply that I had to wait 2-4 weeks before they will let me know the outcome of the clearance process.

I have reported the incident to PB this far and I received a reply that they will be following up on this.

It is just strange that I needed to do all of this again, while I was always under the impression this was done by PB. As for Aramex's rudeness and unwillingness to assist, well, I am quite use to that. Locally they are not really a company known to be customer-oriented or friendly for that matter.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply