cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay GLITCH ALERT! Ebay charging for gallery plus in Collectibles!

Ebay has done it again! In late 2021 there was a glitch where they started charging fees for gallery plus pictures where they should be free in Collectibles categories. I put on a new listing this morning and noticed that they had started doing this again some time in the past 24 hours. This impacts all RELISTED items as well, so I have been charged an additional $118. Ebay will deny the problem and bury it but all sellers need to be aware and flood them with calls so that they fix it as soon as possible. I'm currently talking with a rep who has no clue what is going on!

Message 1 of 39
latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

"A rep who has no clue what is going on" is somewhat redundant.

Message 2 of 39
latest reply

Same here, I have charges for $1.00 GALLERY PLUS fees on items in collectibles that have relisted after 30 days. Never been a charge and all of a sudden I am being charged for this! Can an EBAY BLUE Please ADDRESS this issue on the boards?

Message 3 of 39
latest reply

Gallery plus feature is not free Selling fees   As of February 15 2023 E0DDA220-5A47-4350-A44B-C76FC2F6FACE.jpegE14041F1-65CF-4151-8BD1-FA949B18F50F.jpeg

Message 4 of 39
latest reply

Supposedly they are now working on the problem. My rep says that she will let me know via eBay messages when it is resolved and the time frame for getting monetary charges removed from all of our accounts. 

If you want to check and see if you are affected go to your ebay seller hub and click on the performance tab. Then scroll down to selling costs. Optional listing upgrade fees are where you will be socked for the extra charges.

Message 5 of 39
latest reply

I guess you missed the 2023 Winter Seller Update. Changes started today February 15 2023 
2023 Winter Seller Update  

Message 6 of 39
latest reply

IT would be nice if you bothered to read what you ringed in red before posting incorrect information. Gallery plus is FREE for collectibles categories.

Message 7 of 39
latest reply

You beat me to it.

Message 8 of 39
latest reply

STILL 100% WRONG! Try reading before posting.

Message 9 of 39
latest reply

TO CHECK ON WHAT YOU ARE BEING CHARGED:

If you want to check and see how you are affected go to your ebay seller hub and click on the performance tab. Then scroll down to selling costs. Optional listing upgrade fees are where you will be socked for the extra charges.

Please disregard all of ebooksdiva posts as she is 100% incorrect.

Message 10 of 39
latest reply

This should be reported on the "Share eBay technical issues" board and with an @ to at least one of the eBay employees who work with the boards.  Looks like somebody who programmed the seller update changes forgot to renew the exemption for the "free" categories.

Message 11 of 39
latest reply

@paytonrules2003 wrote:

Ebay has done it again! In late 2021 there was a glitch where they started charging fees for gallery plus pictures where they should be free in Collectibles categories. I put on a new listing this morning and noticed that they had started doing this again some time in the past 24 hours. This impacts all RELISTED items as well, so I have been charged an additional $118. Ebay will deny the problem and bury it but all sellers need to be aware and flood them with calls so that they fix it as soon as possible. I'm currently talking with a rep who has no clue what is going on!

Hey @paytonrules2003! We apologize about the issue you are experiencing with the gallery plus feature charging fees to your account when it should not be. There is an open sitewide ticket to have this issue resolved and can be seen on our Tech Board here. You can reach out to customer support here to have your account added to the ticket and just let them know that you are running into ALERT14469. 

Devon,
eBay
Message 12 of 39
latest reply

We were charged $4 for 4 of our listings rolling over / renewing... we have bulk edited everything as soon as we saw this silly change.  This feature used to be free, in most collectibles categories.

Message 13 of 39
latest reply

It's - according to the rep I just spoke with "being worked on" .... but think about the MILLIONS of auto-relist items in collectibles that they are collecting REAL TIME - $1.00 in extra fees on.  It's one thing for something like this to happen when they did monthly invoices - but they will literally rake in a few million dollars before this is fixed.  Of course they need to pay it back... but this is shameful that they could ever allow this to happen.

Message 14 of 39
latest reply

So does this mean this is a known mistake and will be fixed and our charges credited back to us? AND does this mean that I do NOT have to go through all my 3,000 listings and unckeck the FREE GALLERY box before my listings automatically renew after 30 days? Because this is what I have been doing instead of working for the last 45 minutes.

Message 15 of 39
latest reply