cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Commercial during College Football Conference Title game

Saw an eBay commercial during one of the College Football Conference Title games today ...

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 1 of 41
latest reply
40 REPLIES 40

Was in in Mandarin with English subtitles?
Message 2 of 41
latest reply

@nawlinsron2 ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ... no, it was in English.  It was a short one but it ended with the word eBay on a blue background ... similar to eBay branded supplies only I think the letters were black on the screen.

Regards,
Message 3 of 41
latest reply

I saw a new one on HGTV this weekend.

Message 4 of 41
latest reply

I've been seeing them regularly on the ID channel~~during the murder mysteries (my favorite station).

Message 5 of 41
latest reply

They have been running on a regular basis for over a week now.  Plain beige people and places doing lame things and then ebay suddenly pops up guaranteeing the people the lowest prices and GUARANTEED 3 days delivery depending on which of the 3 different ones (that I have seen) that are aired.  They are not good commercials looking like they were made in a dining room on a budget of $500, if that.

In the mean time Amazon is airing a sweet commercial that incorporates the same thing ebay is promoting without a lame sell tactic and does it all with a classic song that ironically has a lyric that relates to the Amazon logo.  It's almost as good as lion dog or dog carrier.  And so much better than ebay's commercial which gives the impression that the lame people you see are the ones using ebay.

(*Bleep*)
Message 6 of 41
latest reply

@retrose1

I heard one a couple weeks ago on a country radio station, same thing.

Guaranteed lowest prices and shipping

Wally world got slammed a few years back for "Guaranteed lowest prices"

They had to change to "everyday low prices"

But then again, the people at ebay would have been just toddlers when that happened.

Message 7 of 41
latest reply

I heard my first on the radio a couple of days ago, also pushing the GD & lowest prices & price matching.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 8 of 41
latest reply

Been seeing these stupid commercials for about a week during college football games. A kindergarten student could have put a better commercial together than "color your cart". I don't want to color my cart. If they want people to color there cart, they should sell crayons. What is with the guaranteed lowest price? eBay needs to find an intelligent person who knows how to put together a decent commercial, especially for the holiday season. 

I saw that commercial two times within five minutes last night during the Ohio State-Wisconsin game. I just laughed.

Message 9 of 41
latest reply

The Amazon one runs on CNN quite a bit.  It's a very good ad and my favorite part is when the boxes bounce and say "wheeeee" when the plane lands.

Very creative, using the Amazon box logo to "sing."  

I'm not saying ebay's ads are bad (haven't seen them) but that this particular Amazon one is excellent.

Signed,

Person With (Ancient) Degree In Advertising

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 10 of 41
latest reply

I saw that commercial two times within five minutes last night during the Ohio State-Wisconsin game.

Did OSU lose?  Please say yes so I can laugh.

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 11 of 41
latest reply

OSU won, so I can laugh.  

Message 12 of 41
latest reply

The ad I saw said, "Don't shop like everybody else."  They are on the right track, but need to say WHY.  One mentions you can shop by interest.  If people could see all the items available, that they never knew existed, they would be hooked.  

Message 13 of 41
latest reply

@sharingtheland wrote:

The Amazon one runs on CNN quite a bit.  It's a very good ad and my favorite part is when the boxes bounce and say "wheeeee" when the plane lands.

Very creative, using the Amazon box logo to "sing."  

I'm not saying ebay's ads are bad (haven't seen them) but that this particular Amazon one is excellent.

Signed,

Person With (Ancient) Degree In Advertising

I thought they were in the back of a delivery truck that was going over a pothole.  I like it when the box giggles when it runs under a machine because it tickles.

What does ebay have - a really bad catch phrase and a few people that looked like they escaped from a Grant Wood painting.

(*Bleep*)
Message 14 of 41
latest reply

@greg213213  I should probably be on the Commercial writing team, I had this briliant idea the week of Thanksgiving when a vintage board game sold ... picture this ... the commercial would show several different households where people (parents AND kids) show excitement opening their eBay packages and bring out vintage board games ... then later, they show someone opening their front door and a family (or two) standing there holding their board games and ready for GAME NIGHT!!! ... then shey show everybody having fun playing board games together, teens playing Twister, parents a serious game of Monopoly, etc., etc.  They would show different households where GAME NIGHT was happening!

So what do you think?

Regards,
Message 15 of 41
latest reply