cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Bots have a mind of their own.

I was reviewing listings this morning and noticed that 2 had been ended (not sold) that were listed July 23.  They were not canceled by me.

On the other hand, 3 items were relisted that I did not relist and were not scheduled to be relisted.  I was going  to decide whether to relist them at all.

What is happening?  They have relisted sold items but never items like this.

Patd

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

@patd3283 wrote:

I was reviewing listings this morning and noticed that 2 had been ended (not sold) that were listed July 23.  They were not canceled by me.

On the other hand, 3 items were relisted that I did not relist and were not scheduled to be relisted.  I was going  to decide whether to relist them at all.

What is happening?  They have relisted sold items but never items like this.

Patd

There's been a Ghost in the Machine for a while.

If you weren't aware, eBay Double Dipped this month and relisted items 2X, and also improperly took fees for this.  Check your invoice carefully.

Regarding the relisted items that weren't scheduled and the listings that ended early, I would call eBay to see what happened and then post details here.  This could be helpful to other members and for you to get more feedback.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Sounds like a good idea...

Patd

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Did you get an email from Ebay saying why they closed the listings?

Can you see them in your Ended listings?

The 3 that relisted, what date were they Originally posted?  The date you first posted the listing is driving the renewal date now.  So what was the first date you posted the listings?

There was an issue last month where listings that were created on July 1st did renew on July 31st and then again on August 1st or 2nd.  The August dates would have been the appropriate renewal dates.  The July 31st date was incorrect and for any seller that experienced and actual listing fee for those listing, Ebay will be crediting those sellers.  There is no need for the sellers to contact Ebay, they will do it automatically.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Thanks Mam, I was aware and victim of the July ending listings.

There was nothing from eBay on the items they ended and there is no reason for them to be ended.  They were just china.

On the 3 items they listed that had been canceled.  They were initially listed about 2 months ago and I had cancelled them while I decided what to do with them.  They are eating up my listings...grrrr.

I am getting tired of the ghost listings.

Patd

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I have so many "poofed" listings I've given up looking for them until I come across them physically and realise they're no longer listed.
Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 6 of 6
latest reply