cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBAY Old Fees vs Ebay New Fees Under the Managed Payments System?

Well, the eBay forced decision days as finally arrived, I must sign up for Managed Payments or Move Over Darling, leave. As anyone got the old eBay fees prices to hand vs the new managed fees sysytem prices, a comparison table for me.  I understand the money transfer fee under MANGLED PAYMENTS is 11 to 12%, so if you sell a car for a £1000, Ebay want £110-00 to transfer the cash plus a few other nibbles + the commision fess. Can someone please do me a £1000 SALE  comparison table. I find ebay improvements over the years so confusing and pointless that I tend to put-off-listing items for weeks, the new Summary List is okay, but some USA clown forgot in England we use the word SOLD a lot, so nowhere in this list are the words bought and sold mentioned.  As anyone noticed that the collections mileages are always 15% lower and inaccurate, and you have to open a listing to find out where the item is situated.  All time-wasting manoeuvres. 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

"... (blah, blah, blah) Can someone please do me a £1000 SALE  comparison table (blah blah blah)"

There have been 100's of comparisons posted here and everywhere over the last 2 years.  Which apparently you've ignored and don't want to waste your own time with a simple search.  And now that your time has come, you want someone - perhaps "some USA clown" - to do the "time-wasting maneuver"  of doing your homework for you.  

" I must sign up for Managed Payments or Move Over Darling, leave."

But you won't.  

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Since you are registered in the UK, you probably should return to your home site and pursue your question there.

Answers here will usually be given by some "USA clown" and thus not helpful to you apparently.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@maple-leaf-coffin-co-ltd 

A couple of recommendations:

1) Do your own research.  Yes, plenty has been posted on the few differences, but your own research will really get you to understand the program and differences with PayPal.

2) Don’t join the doom and gloom crew.  You already have a negative attitude about MP.  MANY sellers prefer MP to the antiquated PayPal system.  

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@maple-leaf-coffin-co-ltd wrote:

Well, the eBay forced decision days as finally arrived, I must sign up for Managed Payments or Move Over Darling, leave. As anyone got the old eBay fees prices to hand vs the new managed fees sysytem prices, a comparison table for me.  I understand the money transfer fee under MANGLED PAYMENTS is 11 to 12%, so if you sell a car for a £1000, Ebay want £110-00 to transfer the cash plus a few other nibbles + the commision fess. Can someone please do me a £1000 SALE  comparison table. I find ebay improvements over the years so confusing and pointless that I tend to put-off-listing items for weeks, the new Summary List is okay, but some USA clown forgot in England we use the word SOLD a lot, so nowhere in this list are the words bought and sold mentioned.  As anyone noticed that the collections mileages are always 15% lower and inaccurate, and you have to open a listing to find out where the item is situated.  All time-wasting manoeuvres. 

Pretty funny message to post on the USA site.

Our fees aren't the same as yours, so it would be a waste of time for us to give you any numbers. But if you can manage the Herculean task of finding your way back to your own site, maybe someone there can help you.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

(1)  I live in a care home with Limited facilities and currently no phone line - cable fault.  I wondered if anyone had the figures to hand, I know you don't have them because being a gent you'd share them with the world,

2 I have had doom and gloom since last March 2020, it sort of trebled in March last year when I certain virus escaped from a Germ Warfare laboratory in Wuhan China, then my wife had a stroke and was in St James for 16 days, I found it difficult to remain cheerful. 

I prefer PayPal, and am alarmed eBay want 11% fee + plus vat for divvying up the cash, Good money if you can get it, Is this figure correct. 11% to 12% kickback and wait a week to get paid out. Paypal is the Kings and deserves credit for the work they've done for many years of faithful service. 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Quote:   There have been 100's of comparisons posted here and everywhere over the last 2 years.  Which apparently you've ignored and don't want to waste your own time with a simple search.  And now that your time has come, you want someone - perhaps "some USA clown" - to do the "time-wasting maneuver"  of doing your homework for you.   I must leave."       But you won't.  

With respects I will, I will leave Ebay, I was unaware by mistake I had posted this question on Ebay USA, I thought it was Ebay UK, so of course, I never read the posts you referred to. USA is in my life time gone downhill, it is now the Laughing Stock nation of the world, you have a shooting massacre once a week, Policemen who kneel on citizens neck for 9.5 minutes, then goes to court and pleads not guilty to killing him and worst of all you had one Donald Trump for President, our BBC News carried a Trump gaffe every week, I have seen the USA go from 89% approval rating to below 30% in the last 20 years. Last week it was 10 shot dead in a Boulder, Colorado supermarket. Sorry, but it appears you want guns to shoot each other with. 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply