cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

complaint

I sold a sewing pattern for $5.00. The buyer wrote an angry message and posted negative feedback claiming that the pattern was dirty, missing pieces, cut, etc. Over the top. I asked her to send me photos but she hasn't. I know that I should just refund it because it is too small an amount to waste time on, but at the same time, I feel like she is scamming. None of the reviews about her are negative (at least recently).

What do you advise?

Message 1 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

complaint

@soh.maryl wrote:

Personally, I'd require that it be returned, just because I'd be curious as to what I would receive back and what the condition would be.  

I always have them return it and it's amazing how the problem just goes away and you don't hear any more from them.

Now days, you never know what you might get back.

Have a great day.
Message 31 of 32
latest reply

complaint

Ome good rule of thumb nowadays is if they contact you by email saying they will buy it for less, with reasons or excuses, avoid them.  Especially if they come off as a little gruff or forward or trying too hard to state their case.  Or if its like they are doing you a favor.

It's a gut/vibe thing, and its always better to be cautious than not if you want to avoid problems.  I would rather not deal with unnecessary headaches and dramas that could also screw me out of an item and money.

Next time, if your gut says this is weird or off somehow, ignore the great self credentials and "generous" offer and block them.  Then they won't be able to bother you again.

Message 32 of 32
latest reply