cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

chat

why is Ebay not offering customer service "chat"????  This is essential. For both parties involved... Specially the accents that are sometimes difficult to understand, a waste of time repeating everything.  Please, bring back the chat!!!!

Also, how is it possible or ethical for Ebay to hold our funds on a return for quantity 1 of 20 ?? Holding the funds for the whole amount instead of 1 is not right.  

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

chat

It often takes me more than an hour to explain a simple problem to one of these overseas folks.  Just imagine how long a chat would be!

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

chat

@jackntparts wrote:

why is Ebay not offering customer service "chat"????  This is essential. For both parties involved... Specially the accents that are sometimes difficult to understand...

I've always (humorously) thought that the chat is clear documentation of customer service reps giving bad advice that costs sellers money, and eBay doesn't want evidence ... but ... most likely ... a phone-based customer service operation is simply cheaper (fewer people want to deal with it).

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

chat

@jackntparts wrote:

why is Ebay not offering customer service "chat"????  This is essential. For both parties involved... Specially the accents that are sometimes difficult to understand, a waste of time repeating everything.  Please, bring back the chat!!!!

Also, how is it possible or ethical for Ebay to hold our funds on a return for quantity 1 of 20 ?? Holding the funds for the whole amount instead of 1 is not right.  

They used to have live chat. Back in the ol' days... I much preferred that to phone calls. 

PW

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

chat

Besides the documentation matter, what would be the difference between having bad/wrong advice over the phone or in a live chat?  I can just see people on 'hold' while watching the same trailer of the latest bad movie.  Or, worse yet, commercials of 'upcoming products' - for hours on end.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 5 of 5
latest reply