cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

buyer returned item with parts missing.

RUYER BOUGHT AN ITEM THAT HE KNEW NOTHING ABOUT.  HE STARTRED A PAYPAL DISPUTE AND DID NOT RESPOND TO MY ANSWERS AND STILL WAS AWARDED A RETURN. HE RETURNED IT AGAINST MY WISHES AND DID NOT RETURN ALL OF THE ITEM. PAYPAL STILL REFUNDED HIS MONEY AND NOW I AM STUCK WITH PART OF WHAT WAS SENT OT THE BUYER.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

The best advice I can give you is never argue, do not fight, don't even ask questions of a buyer who wishes to return an item.  Instead simply reply cheerfully and be as helpful as you can to assist the buyer in expediting the process.

Because that will most likely give you the best end result possible under the circumstances.

You see, it is not a fair process.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

That is the risk a seller faces when they are listing trendy tech on ebay.

OP, you can report the buyer for abuse of returns to ebay, but that will not help you.  They filed with paypal so ebay will not care.  You should file reports with the buyers local police department for their fraud and file a using the mail to defraud reports with the PO.

The odds are good that the buyer needed the missing parts and they knew exactly what they were doing.

(*Bleep*)
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

They may have filed with paypal but they sold under ebay.

And ebay is whom you should get this scammer on record.

If enough people complain and this person becomes a problem, he will eventually lose all buyer protection or be banned.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

You can still report the buyer using eBay's report system. If he makes a habit of this scam, ebay and paypal both will cut him off eventually.

You can't recover any of your money, but you can help stop scammers.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply