cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

account suspension and fund on hold forever

Ebay suspended my account (for apparently wrong reasons) and my fund was on hold since June/July last year. 

I asked multiples times and in August 2023 they said they would release the fund after 2 months if there was no transaction fault. Then I asked then again in Nov and Dec 2023 and same replies.

They keep delaying the release and it seems that they don't want release the fund back to me. 

I e-mail to their appeal department and it seems they don't care as well.

Can anyone tell me what I can do now? 

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Honestly, I think we should try and get a class action against them. This is total bull**bleep**

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

eBay doesn't suspend accounts for no reason or wrong reasons. 
The message they sent to you regarding the suspension will tell you why you are suspended.

No one in this forum can help you with your problem. Sorry. 

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

@yez082 

The delay in getting you access to your money is likely due to you being in China.  

On each Ebay page there is a link to contact Customer Service at the top of the page and again at the bottom of the page.

I would suggest that you contact Ebay for Business on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter for the better trained CSRs.

Here are your options for contacting Ebay Customer Service. Please be aware that for social media CS, you send them a Private Message and briefly explain what your problem or issue is. Feel free to leave your Name, address, phone number and/or your email address in this message. It is private and secure and it may help to speed up the response for you.

https://twitter.com/askebay

https://www.facebook.com/eBay/

https://www.instagram.com/ebayforsellers/

Your options will be on the left. If you use the link below you can only get to the Automated Assistant or Chat box type AGENT in the box and hit enter. You will then get more options. Not all options are available 24/7. It will depend on staffing available. So sometimes you can request a call back and sometimes you can't. Sometimes you have the Chat option available and other times it won't me. If it is important to you to use one of those options, just try back later.

If you use a cell phone or other mobile device, you may need to turn off your Spam filter so that Ebay can call you.

If you are a seller outside of the US or Canada, you will need to use the Chat Option.

https://www.ebay.com/help/eua?id=5275&mkevt=1&mkpid

https://www.ebay.com/help/home

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 4 of 19
latest reply

@trevosmole-0 wrote:

Honestly, I think we should try and get a class action against them. This is total bull**bleep**

Whatever your issue is with Ebay can't possibly be the same as the OP has since they are located in China.  A class action would be for one reason not a multiple choice thing.  You would need to find those that had the same problem as you do.

May we ask what your issue is with Ebay?

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

@yez082 

You're located in China.  Were you drop shipping? Possibly from another site like Amazon or Ali express? Also the fact that all your listings are private, might be the cause of your suspension. At least one cause anyway.  Listing items "private" to me looks like you are trying to hide something which can make your seller behavior questionable in eBay eyes.  

As others have replied, your best solution is to contact CS in your area. eBay does not accept or reply to emails.  You have to call them and use the features they provide for communication.  Perhaps they can give you some advice regarding. 

Good luck to you

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

Nothing suspicious about private listings.  We use private listings almost exclusively, to avoid anyone being harassed for the types of books they buy among other things.  eBay doesn't care about that (even though a few people might).

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

@brightlightbookseller 

I get it.  Happy Selling!

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

@brightlightbookseller wrote:

Nothing suspicious about private listings.  We use private listings almost exclusively, to avoid anyone being harassed for the types of books they buy among other things.  eBay doesn't care about that (even though a few people might).

I don't personally have any problems with Private Listings, but I do not like it when a buyer has Private Feedback.  

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

@ebooksdiva wrote:

@mam98031 

You can read about his issue here👇 

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Please-help-me-I-receive-this-1-email-12-hours-later-Ebay/td-p... 

@ebooksdiva 

Not sure what you mean.  Are you saying the OP of this thread has the same issue as the OP of the thread you supplied the link above?  I'm not willing to assume that.  The OP has not shared the email they got from Ebay with us.  Their issues could be completely different.  Or if you think there is only one reason for this to happen, which is like the other thread you reference, that would be incorrect.  There are a variety of reasons this can happen.

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

I was only directing you to what that persons issue is that's all, no it is not the same as the OPs in this post.  

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

first, apparently wrong reasons (not no reason). It is because I brought down 4 listings because the starting prices were too low and I was losing money on previous sales. They thought that I was dealing with outside eBay sales but I didn't. So what they said was "suspicious activities".

second, they already replied that I would get fund released after 2 months for 3 times starting in August. So who is the deciver?

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

both CS and e-mails tried multiple times. CS will only reply that they will submit my concern to the department concerned.  

One CS even give me an e-mail to appeal. But my concern is only our my own fund. I don't really care whether they have made wrong judgement about the suspension anymore. The most important point is that they keep on saying (3 times)  that the related fund will be released after 2 months when all transactions were cleared since mid of last year.

The 4th time's reply was that the Spring Festival slowed down the release of fund. Now it is end of March, Summer is approaching now. Will they say due to heatness things will slow down next time?

But now they don't reply to any of my e-mails already. 

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

I am not familiar with the legal system in China but maybe it's time you sought legal assistance. 

Message 15 of 19
latest reply