cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip Code Error when listing overseas

Hi guys,

I am trying to list an item from overseas and encountered the zip code error message.  Obviously the system mistaken I am located in US and force me to enter zip code.  However, I just can't find a way to change the location and even my address (under my account setting) is input as overseas.  I read several answers in this forum about changing the location in the shipping box, but that doesn't appears in my screen.  

All I can see in the shipment box is as attached.

Also, doesn't sure why but the chat help has no reply.   Feeling very frustrated with the first list 😞

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Zip Code Error when listing overseas

The term "ZIP Code" is used exclusively for postal codes in the United States.  If your address is not in the US, then you do not have a ZIP Code.

The image that you provided shows that you are using the Quick version of the listing form. In order to set up shipping from outside the US, you must switch to the Advanced version of the listing form, which is sometimes called the "business tool."  

To access this form: start with a new blank copy of the Quick listing form, then click on the link for "Change listing preferences." After you do that, the upper right corner should have a link for you to switch to the business form, where the shipping section wll let you choose which country you are shipping from.

Quick listing form change preferences link.png

Message 2 of 2
latest reply