cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zero Quantity GTC Listings Duplicate Titles

If I were to have a GTC listing sell out and remain open (ie, active but with zero quantity), could it conflict with new listings of the exact same title, necessitating my need to end them before introducing such new listings?

I've always assumed this to be the case but figured I would finally seek out some official clarification.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@press-start-gaming-electronics wrote:

If I were to have a GTC listing sell out and remain open (ie, active but with zero quantity), could it conflict with new listings of the exact same title, necessitating my need to end them before introducing such new listings?

I've always assumed this to be the case but figured I would finally seek out some official clarification.

Thanks!

Yes, it's considered a duplicate listing, you will receive the duplicate edit when you submit.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

No idea of the official line but why would you create a new listing if you already have one running (but hidden because of 0 inventory)?

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Thanks!

Yes, it's considered a duplicate listing, you will receive the duplicate edit when you submit.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@slippinjimmy wrote:

No idea of the official line but why would you create a new listing if you already have one running (but hidden because of 0 inventory)?

If the metrics for that listing weren't strong it wouldn't make sense to replenish it in my opinion. On the other hand, if the metrics were strong I'd want to keep that listing open for if and when I would replenish its stock.

Just would've nice if I didn't have to worry about potential conflicts with zero-quantity listings until I would be able to evaluate them on a performance basis and decide whether they should be left open.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@mypostingid15 wrote:

Thanks!

Thanks!

Message 5 of 5
latest reply