cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You ever have a Mom message you? I must be an old fart.

So, I got an offer on a listing I had up.
I message to verify an adult signature requirement (USPS lost a $250 book last year between the Chicago post office and purchaser's home; I know this doesn't protect from claims, etc). I get a response of "as long as it's delivered before Sunday" response because he's leaving town. Few messages back and forth, and he tells me 1) eBay told him the expected date (tried to explain this is notoriously incorrect and just an estimate), 2) he then decides, "Oh I'm stupid, someone will be here, I'll pretty much probably be since I work from home".

So, me being risk averse - $9+ for signature, $20+ shipping EACH way, I decided to decline. (Would be just making a bit over what I paid out for the books in the lot.) He doesn't respond after my explanations, but his MOM has sent me messages ("you declined my son's offer", "can't you send to another address").

Am I just an old fart? I find this odd and funny. The original account (son) is from 2017, so I assume (yes, I know what assume means) he's at least 24 years old? (I AM a mom myself :)).

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

USPS Signature confirmation costs $3.25.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

USPS Signature confirmation costs $3.25.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Really?! On Pirate Ship, last time adult signature confirm was over $9...think $9.40. Thanks for letting me know I overpaid. I appreciate it. 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Yes. Just looked - it was $9.05! You are always so helpful on here. Next time, I will use eBay shipping for adult sig confirm.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Yes, $9.05 is the USPS price for "Adult signature required" but that's not the same as regular basic Signature Confirmation.  You weren't overcharged by Priateship; you bought a different service. You can see all the options in Notice 123:

Screen Shot 2023-04-30 at 10.01.49 AM.png

http://pe.usps.com/cpim/ftp/manuals/dmm300/notice123.pdf

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

OK. But, that's what I said in my first sentence "adult signature". I then abbreviated to signature in the third "paragraph" for brevity. Shucks!

Message 6 of 6
latest reply