cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yep. Ebay's changes are really paying off. LOL

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4128202-fooled-ebays-low-pe

eBay will face significant challenges in growing eBay Marketplace earnings long-term because its current business practices are unsustainable.

Gross Merchandise Volume (GMV) has been flat since 2014.

eBay has been unable to improve its take rate Y/Y even after numerous final value fee hikes on merchants.

Fee hikes on merchants and cuts to the customer rewards program could cause a downward spiral in GMV worsening their current situation.

There is still another $2.57 billion in cash authorized for stock buybacks. At eBay's current price, another 71.8 million shares can be repurchased.

~Why be a second rate version of someone else when you can be a first rate version of yourself~

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Stock dropped well below a 3 month low today...
Maybe we'll see a 5% FVF promotion yet....or a new CEO
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

That's scary. I don't want another fee hike because ebay isn't making their stockholders happy. 😞 

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

The fees absolutely took my breath away, compared to what I remember them being.

Also, can't help but wonder if this isn't why they're pushing volume sales, not value sales, i.e. forcing Best Offer to appear on people's listings?

I knew I had to ask him about the mysteries of life
He spit between his boots and he replied
"It's faster horses, younger women,
Older whiskey, and more money"
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

They've been p'ing off both buyers and sellers for nearly 10 years now. This is what Disruptive Innovation got them. Fourth quarter numbers should be interesting.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Giant sell-off today...tomorrow could prove to be historic for ebay, and not in a good way.
The fog has lifted...ebay is just a pixel leasing company with 2 assets...cash and bad ideas.
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

What's that noise?  It sounds like "bawk bawk bawk", and it's coming this way.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply