cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wow first time I've been this slow. No sales since June 1 2017

Whats happening? Not one sale since 6/1/2017. All of my items are showing that I need to revise them.

I do have them on GTC but never had any problems with that. I have fixed almost all of the ones that had the no sales for 16 months. Still have about 20 to do but it doesn't seem to be helping

205 Items for sale and I think 5 have the sell simular and rest have revise to the left of them. Help what do I do?

Thanks much Dennis

As Grandpa always said. If you want to open a small business, just open a large one and wait awhile!!!!
Message 1 of 123
latest reply
122 REPLIES 122

@dennisa1 wrote:

You had 3 sales in the first half of June.  

But it looks like June is not the first time it has been this slow. 

In the second half of May, you had 3 sales. 

In the first half of May, you had 2 sales. 

In the second half of March, you had 2 sales. 

Message 16 of 123
latest reply

@timemachine777 wrote:

@atikovi wrote:

What does Google have to do with it? People looking for something enter a few words into the search box to find what they need.

I use to get 25 to 50 page visits a day from Google, which translated into lots of sales. Now I'm not getting any traffic from Google, and my sales have stopped. There is a correlation between the two.

How does one know if they are getting a visit from Google?

Message 17 of 123
latest reply

Webmasters have something called referral stats which show them incoming links to their web pages, it is called 'web analytics', Google it.

Message 18 of 123
latest reply

Web analytics? Seems too complicated for an average lister here to figure out or even needed for the ordinary items OP has listed.

Message 19 of 123
latest reply

eBay makes this software available to some sellers that pay them for stores.

The software tracks incoming links and who sent the referral, be it Google, Bing, Facebook or any other website linking to the web page.

Message 20 of 123
latest reply

@cal_w62 wrote:

Google dropped the hammer on eBay, about 5 years ago...........

Do not belive this as it is fake news.  You can go to google any time any day and see ebay lsitings.  Also external search engines at there peak only represented about 20% of all eBay traffic and that is all external search engine not just google.  Today this same number is around 13 to 14% of all traffic comes from external search engines.  Also eBay has become very cleaver in creating there own external traffic which has increased dramatically.  The exact same thing can also be said for Amazon as well.  Both of these giants in eccomerce are  creating a bigger percentage of there own external incoming traffic.

If your sales are suddenly falling to the point you think something has changed, it is very often new competition for the same items that is doing a better job than you are at engaging buyers to there listings.  This is where you need to do your due diligence and find out who they are and what they are doing differently than you are.

Good Luck Selling!

Message 21 of 123
latest reply

LOL, Donahoe said that because it was fake news, sure, head back to class son, you need more schooling.

Message 22 of 123
latest reply

Exactly.  One example is Rufus the diabetes bear.  Others have it for a lower price.  Ones selling are for $12 not $22 as the OP has.

Message 23 of 123
latest reply

@cal_w62 wrote:

eBay makes this software available to some sellers that pay them for stores.

The software tracks incoming links and who sent the referral, be it Google, Bing, Facebook or any other website linking to the web page.

This info is also not correct.  eBay has a free tool called seller hub that is available to all sellers and this info can obtained through it.  Here is a link to learn more about it.  Click here

Good Luck Selling!

Message 24 of 123
latest reply

Snore................more like Sellers Dud.........

Message 25 of 123
latest reply

@cal_w62 wrote:

LOL, Donahoe said that because it was fake news, sure, head back to class son, you need more schooling.

Then  provide your links stating so

Message 26 of 123
latest reply

@emerald40 wrote:

Others have it for a lower price.  Ones selling are for $12 not $22 as the OP has.

The ability for buyers to sort by price has more to do with OP's no sale problems than anything else.

Message 27 of 123
latest reply

A know it all like you should have read it when he said that.

Message 28 of 123
latest reply

@duchess-at-speakeasy wrote:
My sales tanked on August 15, 2009, and have never recovered. Since last November, I've had exactly 4 sales. Nothing since May 18.

I avoid GTC, but use a variety of auctions with BIN and fixed-price listings and adjust duration and pricing. Nothing seems to work.

~~C~~

What do you mean auctions with BIN?  Not understanding what BIN is?  Going to look at adjusting duration on fixed price listings thank you!

Message 29 of 123
latest reply

@cal_w62 wrote:

Send Larry Page a note over at Google and ask him who he wants as the next CEO !!!

Who is Larry Page?

Message 30 of 123
latest reply