cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would this be allowed in my listing descriptions?

If I put a section with pictures and information regarding how to tell the difference between authentics and fakes? And, if I put in stuff like that to my description, can the pictures have text on them? 

I feel like side by side comparison pictures of my authentic items versus fakes (while making it very clear which is which) would go a long way but I'm not sure if I might get some sort of listing violation for that lol

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

No. Do not include any mention or illustration of "fakes" in your listings! Just describe and show the product you are selling. It's OK to point out specific details of the product and provide close-up photos so potential buyers can judge for themselves. Yes. Photos included in the Description area can include text -- such as a diagram, color names, size comparisons, etc. But don't upload those photos as eBay gallery photos. Exception: Photos or scans of printed documents are OK. ~~C~~
My Glass Duchess
Quoting Mom: In polite society, "hey" is for horses.
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

My mantra about doing things on ebay is that if you have to ask if it would be ok, then you shouldn't do it.

Any pictures of anything that is not included in the listing is a Not Described dispute waiting to happen.  And with the lack of full description being shown to buyers by ebay now, opening up a full description that shows fakes will cast doubt on your item.  There are a lot of sellers in other categories that are using bait and switch in their listings so buyers are getting suspicious when they see something other than what is in the title.

And something may be ok on ebay one day, and the next week the policies might change and the seller might be getting violated without realizing why.

(*Bleep*)
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I remember seeing some of this kind of thing on the old ME pages, but those have been eliminated.

More recently there Guide pages people could write about things like this, but I can't find those any more.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Hmmm, when all else fails, go to the SiteMap.

In the upper right corner of this page, see 'Write a Guide'

http://www.ebay.com/gds

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

You could also make a paper flyer with that information and include it in the package when you ship. 

----------------------------
Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

The majority of people who buy fakes know quite well they're buying fakes and simply don't care, so I doubt it would have any impact anyway.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Thank you everyone for your opinions and advice 🙂 

But yeah, sadly this stuff is being sold to kids and their parents, and the fakes being sold in the US look pretty convincing unless you see a side by side comparison of them. I had begun creating an entire website devoted to it that I planned on linking in my descriptions and then eBays policies on links changed >.> So yeah Retrose you're very right lol

Message 8 of 8
latest reply