cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wonderlister and Turbolister Ad Links Making Listings in Violation of eBay Policies

Does anyone know how to stop the ad link from posting in the description using Wonderlister?

OH MY GOODNESS. eBay what are you doing now? I normally accept and go with the flow, but this time I am really upset. I noticed the past few days in MY EBAY Selling Reminders it stated that I had links that needed to be removed in several listings. The only thing I could figure out was Turbolister's link eBay would add at the end of my description. I deleted them and all was clear. Then more items renewed (GTC) and I had to do the same again. Then today I get an email:

"We're writing to let you know that as of September 16, 2017, some of your listings require immediate update due to policy violations or active content usage.

30 of your listings contain(s) contact-information such as phone number, email address or weblinks, which is in violation of listing policies. Noncompliant listings will soon be blocked."

I used Turbolister for over 10 years and never a problem. Now I am using Wonderlister, no problems. And this week, problems. I don't put their link in my listings, they do. And when using Turbolister, eBay put the link there. 

I called eBay, 46 minutes of nonsense. Spoke to 4 different departments because nobody had a clue what was going on. They told me I just had to revise and remove the link each time I posted a listing. They asked me why I didn't just list through eBay online. I don't have that luxury because I have limited and slow Internet living in the boonies. I have to make listing offline. They then said it was a 3rd party issue, not them. I asked them then why were my Turbolister listings having the same violation. eBay owned Turbolister. Why would eBay make something that caused violations. They told me "that is why they stopped offering Turbolister". I politely ended my call, I knew if they were going to start telling untruths I was not getting anywhere.

I contacted Wonderlister to find out how to stop the link being posted but so far they have not responded. 

Thanks.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Wonderlister and Turbolister Ad Links Making Listings in Violation of eBay Policies

Wonderlister just responded. They just listed a new update today that gives the option to remove the link from all listed items and to not put the link in future items.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I'm still using Turbo Lister to list and for me they stopped putting that link in the listings some time ago, probably when they stopped allowing new people to download Turbo Lister.

Your listings that I looked at have both a Turbo Lister link and a Wonderlister link so I'm guessing you imported listings into Wonder Lister and they didn't have an option to strip out the Turbo Lister logo information.

Hope you hear from WonderLister soon. Is there any settings in their software that will allow you to turn off their logo on new listings?

Since Ebay initially put those Turbo Lister links in there one would think they could come up with a quick solution to remove them but then again, this is Ebay where I think one division doesn't have a clue what the other one is doing.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Turbolister no longer works for me or I would have stayed with it since it was free. So far the cheapest replacement I found was Wonderlister at $5/month.

Some listings I revised a few days ago had only Turbolister. Some had only Wonderlister. Most I have not revised have both. I tried to delete one or the other to see if it was still in violation and it was. 

I will post an answer when I get one from Wonderlister. 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Wonderlister just responded. They just listed a new update today that gives the option to remove the link from all listed items and to not put the link in future items.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply