cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why my listing is not showing after 24 hrs?

I’m a new seller and I’ve been posting different items but there’s one that is not showing up on search, It’s a promoted item with 20% and still not showing when I search it like the others.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Do you mean shown on searchs?

It really depends on a lot of factors, price, details views, watchers, etc

If you are speaking about shown in your active lists, I think you better contact eBay about it

But it might be a bug because I had it like a week ago but now I am good

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

It shows on my active listings but when I try finding my listing like if I was a buyer it doesn’t show up, I realized because all my listings have views but this one, it’s been almost 2 weeks and still has 0 views 🤔 the price is not a problem because there are similar listings with the same price so it’s a little frustrating.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

What is the item number?

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

EBAY. This is not a good feature. My new listings are not visible for 24 hours. What that actually means is that my 7 day listing is a 6 day listing.  You may say that this ticket is SOLVED. What you actually mean is that you understand it. However, it is a problem  that should be solved, perhaps you can reduce 24 hours down to 1 hour.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@mgirlingm wrote:

EBAY. This is not a good feature. My new listings are not visible for 24 hours. What that actually means is that my 7 day listing is a 6 day listing.  You may say that this ticket is SOLVED. What you actually mean is that you understand it. However, it is a problem  that should be solved, perhaps you can reduce 24 hours down to 1 hour.

If you can find someone who can write an algorithm that will index hundreds of thousands listings in seconds, you should start your own e-commerce platform and become a billionaire.

In the meantime, it’s just not physically possible for ebay to index all items instantly. It doesn’t always take up to 24 hours, it all depends on a myriad of factors including type of item, price, listing title, etc.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

I see 81 items that you have posted @techitall .

I must ask, why would you be willing to pay 20% more with Promoted Listings if your item sells?  That is a pretty hefty fee you are putting on yourself on top of your regular selling fees.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@techitall wrote:

It shows on my active listings but when I try finding my listing like if I was a buyer it doesn’t show up, I realized because all my listings have views but this one, it’s been almost 2 weeks and still has 0 views 🤔 the price is not a problem because there are similar listings with the same price so it’s a little frustrating.

Zero views does not mean the listing is visible.  It only means no one has viewed your listing maybe because they didn't do a search for it.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply