cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why isn't my promoted listing not appearing on top of search result?!

I have over 40 orders & a 100% postive feedback rating, I even optimized my description using ebays guidelines and tips. I took professional photos & used a contrasting light background. Made sure it was 1 to 1 to fit the photo guideline, I made sure the photo was clear and high quality. I see multiple other listings of the same product with hardly anything on their descriptions and low quality photos appearing at the top. I don't understand, another one of my post is a lot of 2 (two different products but similar title) and that has 350 views but this single item listing using all the tools and ebays guidelines isn't getting ANY views. It's been 48 hours and it's literally gotten 3 views. I even have a title improved according to eBay and almost identical to the top searches that appear before mine and nothing. I don't get it I promoted it at their highest suggested rate,  used all the tools and tips ebay specifically provided and yet my listing is almost like shadow banned and appears low when I search for it. Has all the keywords and literally the most descriptive information on any listing of a similar product. It's frustrating and I don't know how to fix it I've tried everything.  Changing the title, doing different photos using white background using black background used the item description the unit size, the conditions of the item, shipping methods, return Policy, and NOTHING works. Please help. 

Check out Prime Glowberry Ultra Rare Holo Limited Edition Hydration Drink - New Sealed! on eBay!
https://www.ebay.com/itm/204498280484?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=flebxwtltts&sss... 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

So $34 for a drink with a glow in the dark mass produced label? Would you like one of my arms or legs too? Have you picked up a newspaper lately? They're only like $5 now.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Every seller that is using Promoted Listings can possibly have their items be at the top of a search return.  It simply isn't possible.  The program doesn't guarantee that placement either.

Some of your pictures could use some improvement.  The ones you take in your car have glare on them as to some other items.  You have a high price item that the pics have glare on every one of them.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Yet they seem to be selling for the OP.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Not all your pics are of professional quality as you know.  Some are taken in your car and the ones you have on the high ticket item has glare on each pic.

As for your titles.  Do not use all Caps.  That is very hard to read for many people and the Google search doesn't like them.  A lot of buyers come to Ebay through Google searches.

Don't repeat words in your titles.  That is a waste of valuable space.

On your listings for drinks.  Make sure you have the size in the title.  You have space for it, so state how many ounces there are in the bottle or bottles depending on your listing.

Your Funko Pops, you don't need the words "Brand new in box" in the title.  It is a waste of valuable space.  Whether it is new or used is covered in the specifics of the listing.  The pics on these lack clarity and have glare spots in each photo.

Changing your return policy might help.  You state No Returns.  However that isn't a policy you can enforce if the buyer files for a request for return due to damage or a problem with the item.  You still have to process those requests.  You may consider 30 days with Buyer pays shipping.  That means if the buyer files a proper Buyer's Remorse return request, the buyer will pay the shipping to return the item to you.  As always when the item is damaged or has a problem, the seller will pay for return shipping.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply