cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is eBay adding "Best Offers" to my listings without my approval?

Nearly all of my listings now have "Best Offer" as a buying format despite the fact that I never checked off an option, revised a listing, or approved of this. I have never had this happen to any of my listings before. This is quite annoying because of two reasons:

1.  When I revise my listing to remove "Best Offers" from the listing, "Best Offers" remains on the listings

2. I am unable to increase the minimum offer, so I get bombarded with ridiculously low offers that are lower than my shipping costs. 

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Because they can.

If you have never owned a dachshund, no explanation is possible.
If you have owned a dachshund, no explanation is necessary.
(with apologies to St. Thomas Aquinas)
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

I can't disagree with you there, but I don't see how this would help sellers. If anything it just makes the selling process more tedious. I feel as if I'm bargaining with stingy people at a garage sale now!

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Are you using APP (maybe that's where best office is coming from)?   You should be able to go into listing and turn that off.

I would contact Customer Service.   Go to HELP, MANAGED PAYMENTS (select problem) and REQUEST CALLBACK (enter your phone number).     You may not find your particular problem when you contact HELP (just select something important to EBAY that way you will get callback). 

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Do you know that you can ignore offers? Thus no "bargaining with stingy people at a garage sale".

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@defaultname537 

Others reported this same glitch when the listing was created on the mobile app.

Try revising the listing online vs the app.  

At least you can decline or ignore, but yes, it has to be frustrating.

You might post on the technical board as well.  Good luck!

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

I do not use the app to create any of the listings. The only time I use the app is for selling notifications.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

When you are listing a new item, how do you create that listing?

We list with listing templates we have created and never seem to encounter these type of issues that posters comment on the boards.

I would post on the technical board -see if someone has discovered a work-around?

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

I love best offers. If its too low I just counter or decline so OFFER AWAY 💰💰💰💰💰💰🏦

Message 9 of 9
latest reply