cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does Ebay make a seller wait so long to raise their Seller Limits

I have been selling on Ebay now for 8 Years, I have a feedback of 3113 and a 99.5% Rating.  When will Ebay ever lift selling limits.  I have over 450 different scents of soaps, lotions, body sprays I can sell but I keep limited to only my top selling items right now, they are really holding me back,  not really a platform to build your brand.

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Have you called eBay to ask for your limits to be raised? Under the "Monthly Limits" section in Seller Hub there is an option for  "Request to list more" which will probably require you to talk with eBay and request your limits be raised; or just call eBay support and ask to speak to someone about raising your selling limits. They may ask some questions about your business and sourcing but will probably assist you in raising your limits based on your current  sales record.

Message 2 of 21
latest reply

It took a while for my limits to go up and then they kept increasing them until the limits would only be attainable if I sold diamonds and gold full time.  Follow the suggestion given by the other seller.

Message 3 of 21
latest reply

Have you called and asked them to raise your limits?  We cannot post the CS number here but you can follow the contact us pages on eBay or google search ebay and the number pops up.

If you were a new seller, it would be to establish a history of successfully completed transactions so you could handle an increase.  Since you already have that, you can call now.

Message 4 of 21
latest reply

@whitetigeraleisa wrote:

I have been selling on Ebay now for 8 Years, I have a feedback of 3113 and a 99.5% Rating.  When will Ebay ever lift selling limits.  I have over 450 different scents of soaps, lotions, body sprays I can sell but I keep limited to only my top selling items right now, they are really holding me back,  not really a platform to build your brand.

You can call Ebay once month to request that your limits are raised.  Just mark your calendar and make that call every month until you get your limit where you'd like to see it.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 5 of 21
latest reply

Have you asked?

Two months ago I opened a new ID, planning to have two smaller stores instead of one larger one and reducing my monthly bill.

After one month,  I phoned, explained that I have other accounts, she looked at them and raised my limit to 450 on the spot.

With eight years experience, and a reasonable FB rating, you should not have any problem either.

Unless you have had a lot of settled Disputes or violations/defects, which eBay keeps private but does use to assess sellers.

FB is not used to assess sellers by eBay.

Message 6 of 21
latest reply

@whitetigeraleisa wrote:

First off, you need to call. While auto raises do happen, they are very infrequent and usually don't happen until after you call for the first raise.

Secondly, when you do call, make sure you are already using a majority of your available listings. If you call and are only using a few listings, they may not raise them. If you are using most of them, they will. It will also help them to determine how much of a raise to give you.

Good luck!

Message 7 of 21
latest reply

All you have to do is call them and ask. shoot they gave me a selling limit of a quarter of a million dollars

Message 8 of 21
latest reply

@ekmadonna wrote:

All you have to do is call them and ask. shoot they gave me a selling limit of a quarter of a million dollars

I'm currently sitting at 4.5 million with 720,000 items.  LOL

I wish

Message 9 of 21
latest reply

@jeannicho22 wrote:

@ekmadonna wrote:

I wish

Some have been recently raised to 2 billion.  When questioned  "blues" responded in a recent Wednesday chat that it was not a glitch.

I have been on for 18 years with a 15K limit (it's plenty). Wife on for about 3 years with a $59,500 limit.

Message 10 of 21
latest reply

@jeannicho22 wrote:

@ekmadonna wrote:

I wish

I've actually never seen my selling limit in years and years.  I've called in to find out what it was a long time ago.  They said it was so high it didn't even matter.  Mine has never shown in the SH or My Ebay.

Message 11 of 21
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

@jeannicho22 wrote:

@ekmadonna wrote:

I wish

I've actually never seen my selling limit in years and years.  I've called in to find out what it was a long time ago.  They said it was so high it didn't even matter.  Mine has never shown in the SH or My Ebay.

For years mine was never listed on my page because when I started selling, there really wasn't one.  Then eBay announced that all new buyers would get one and all old buyers would eventually get one.  Mine showed up about 5 or 6 years ago.  Maybe one day they will get around to you.

Message 12 of 21
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

@jeannicho22 wrote:

@ekmadonna wrote:

I wish

It can be added to what you see, if desired, by using the "customize", in the Hub.

Message 13 of 21
latest reply

@buyselljack2016 

I have all the boxes ticked under the general customization.  Still it does not appear.  Is there a specific box that I should check on the customization of that box instead of SH as a whole?

Message 14 of 21
latest reply

Existing sellers when the limits "started" (actually means became visible) don't have limits displayed by default. It means that active selling accounts prior to 2011(?) don't show limits unless you call in and ask.

I have a few selling accounts, the old ones have no visible limits, the ones I started since 2011 all have limits displayed.

Message 15 of 21
latest reply