cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do some sub categories exist for others but not when I list...

I'm not sure if this is just me or I'm doing something wrong (after 20 years) - I look up an item that is similar to something I want to list and I see in another sellers listing, at the top where it shows the categories, it has a category that doesn't show up for me when I'm listing. 

Example: the photo shows a listing with the categories: 

Jewelry & Watches >Jewelry>Bracelets>Fine Bracelets.

Screenshot (126).png

When I go to list a bracelet, it only gives specific sub categories to choose: 

Jewelry & Watches >vintage & antique jewelry>bracelets & charms. 

Screenshot (127).png

There is no option to choose just 'jewelry'.   Rather it gives vintage & antique or fashion or handmade, etc ...

Screenshot (128).png

The listings I've seen like the 1st one are in the states too, where I am. 

Hope this makes sense.  any thoughts/suggestions or answers?  🙂

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

The categories can be a pain to navigate.

Did you try clicking 'sell similar' on one of the listings you found in that category?

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@ensus2015 

eBay changes the category structure (list) quite often.  Though just a guess, you may be looking at an older listing that was posted under a previous selection and never updated.  To get an idea of what sorts of categories are available you may wish to browse the site map, since that feature is supposed to be kept current for the site's overall SEO.  

https://pages.ebay.com/sitemap.html

I also found for you another way they say you can select a category if the one that pre-populates (from your title information) does not seem correct.  See the part about Search Category or Browse Category (under How to Add Categories)  for it is not a hot link on this page: 

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/listings/creating-managing-listings/adding-category-listing?id=414...

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Have you tried clicking on fine jewelry and then on bracelets? Or if it isn't fine jewelry click on fashion jewelry first.  It's seem to be the opposite of the way it is showing you on someone else's listing.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Click on 

Jewelry & Watches > Fine Jewelry > Bracelets & Charms

ten_o_nine_0-1713312711313.png

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Thank you all.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply