cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I choose what items to sell only in US and some globally?

It was simple before I click what to ship through global shipping, but now I have no option for it. Is it all or nothing now? Thank you!

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

@natalya32 

Options are still there. When you are editing your item, you can choose/see/edit the shipping policy.

I have one for priority shipping (no global) and another policy with Priority US and Global Shipping Options. I have several other policies based on what items are involved (Under/over one-pound, local pickup, don't ship globally, Flat rate bubble packs, etc).

You can set handling time, handling costs, alternative shipping options by policy. Choose the policy based on what you are shipping. Each item will have the shipping options you want based on the policy. Plan your policy descriptions to make policies easy to discern/use.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Not as of today, those options are gone with my listings.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

@natalya32 

What options are under "Shipping"?

I still need to (choose/edit/create) a shipping policy - so I cannot understand/relate to your situation.

I am sure eBay knows what is best for you (NOT 🙄)

Now I am wondering if/when my shipping options will change.

Sorry I couldn't help.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

@natalya32 Have you been transitioned into the new international shipping program (the one that's replacing Global Shipping), and the new listing tool? I was transitioned recently, and I noticed the same problem. There used to be a checkbox on the listing form to enable/disable Global Shipping on a per-item basis. That seems to be gone for me. I actually opted out of the entire international shipping program for the time being, because all of my listings had automatically reverted to allowing international buyers, which isn't what I wanted.

If anyone knows a way to enable/disable international shipping on a per-item basis with the new listing form and the new international shipping program, you'll get a Helpful from me if you post it 😎

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

I guess that is what happened, I just did no international shipping but it will take up to 72 hours. So I am waiting. Those changes are messing with my time, and I hope I will not sell anything I do not want to ship internationally. 😞 so tired of them messing with my store.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

You can exclude all of the countries except Burma and Sudan. For some reason those countries are not in the Exclude list and stay as a shipping destination on the listings.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

After ebay switched to the new listing tool, all my listings were switched to international shipping automatically.

It still shows the check box for no international shipping, but checking it on or off does nothing now.

I had to manually exclude international shipping locations, which is ridiculous. Just as you stated, it still shows Burma and Sudan no matter what you do. I am not shipping anything to these countries.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

@natalya32 

eBay recently changed all my listings to the New eBay International Shipping.

Looks like it is all or nothing now. No idea how eBay's product development is managed that the new eBay International Shipping was not added to shipping policies so sellers can be in full control of shipping. It will be easy for eBay to correctly add this new option to Shipping Policies. Hopefully eBay will update shipping policies soon, so they work correctly with the new eBay international shipping as an option. I need to turn the international shipping off/on based on the item I am selling🙄

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

I only sell watches so I use two templates

one is for international and one is for USA

both of the template choices are right there when  you click on make a new draft

I do know that the shipping is screwy. I went to used edit the shipping price  for 1 auction only and it never stopped spinning

that happened twice in a row to me so I gave up. I just could not edit the one domestic shipping  price for a heavy watch.

I only ever use flat rate shipping so it should have been  simple to change shipping from $5 to $7 but I could not do it

@natalya32 

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

This "Burma, Sudan" issue has been posted a number of times in this forum in the last two weeks, which is when eBay Global Shipping started to roll out.

It's always helpful to consolidate the duplicate conversations.

If you're having the "Burma, Sudan" issue, then please  go this thread, which has the most details, and give it a thumbs up, so eBay can see this is impacting many sellers.

In that same conversation, a member said eBay has acknowledged the issue over the phone and created a ticket.

I also posted in more detail about the problem.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply