cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why am I receiving a package from ebay shipping supplies

I just received an email from FedEx  that I am receiving an 18 pound package from eBay shipping supplies in Las vegas. I looked up the address and it just doesnt make sense. Has this happened to anyone else? Yes the tracking number is real. I have no activity that could correspond to this.A7E74B97-22F0-47FB-B89C-8BCDAD2AB6B9.jpeg

Message 1 of 89
latest reply
88 REPLIES 88

I searched this for this thread because I had a fedex message saying I had a package delivered. Just got it and it’s a lot of shipping supplies. Everything from padded envelopes to tape.

Message 76 of 89
latest reply

This is my first experience seeing eBay GIVE something. But of course, by using those shipping supplies, eBay gets their money back. So back to eBay never giving anything to anyone.

Message 77 of 89
latest reply

I certainly appreciate the gesture, but it's still weird, as it seems so entirely random.

And zero notice to recipients even more so lol

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 78 of 89
latest reply

@theteamsetguy wrote:

@chekaigma ,

The plot thickens again!

I've been very quiet on this thread, remembering Mom's "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all." Admittedly, I was a bit sad to miss this eBay gesture... way more than the Christmas seeds I didn't get, either. 😅

This'll blow your mind, @theteamsetguy. I got that 18# box today, too. Well... not addressed to me, but to my daughter. She is an avid buyer here but doesn't even sell... hasn't since flipping her toddler's wardrobe well over a decade ago.

I think I conjured it up when I finally posted - "I envy you." 🤤 - on a similar thread posted earlier today.
About a New York minute after I hit 'Reply', my daughter texted... "Did u send me some boxes?" 😲

I consider myself lucky, grateful and quite possibly magic. And I stand a full inch taller now that I'm off my knees. 🙏

@toomuchstuffagain35@silverstatetreasureboxes@ckimodog@duffy4444, @pburn, @southern*sweet*tea@buyselljack2016 , @albertabrightalberta

Only tagging y'all 'cause I wanted to share this freakish story. You know me, I never run out of irony... I roll with it! 🤣

Message 79 of 89
latest reply

Great story! 

I was one who, early on in the thread, swore this package thing was a scam--for sure. No doubt about it. Good thing egg is beneficial as a facial.

Message 80 of 89
latest reply

@mtgraves7984 

Well as beautifully as you package your ebay items, you truly deserve these supplies! Such a delight and thanks for the tag.

Message 81 of 89
latest reply

@pburn 

And I was right there with you, it had scam written all over it at first. Glad it turned out alright.

Message 82 of 89
latest reply

Great story! 

I was one who, early on in the thread, swore this package thing was a scam--for sure. No doubt about it. Good thing egg is beneficial as a facial.

laugh.jpg

Message 83 of 89
latest reply

@pburn 

And I was right there with you, it had scam written all over it at first. Glad it turned out alright.

I can't help but wonder what kind of action eBay is going to take to cover this cost. 

Message 84 of 89
latest reply

@dbfolks166mt ,

How about eBay start charging a fee to the poster every time someone posts here regarding the following subjects.

Why are my sales down? $10.00 per post

Someone needs to file a class action lawsuit. $9.00 per post

I can’t get paid $8.00 per post

Ebay is throttling my sales $7.00 per post

It’s illegal to charge FVF on shipping and taxes $6.00 per post

Why is eBay holding my funds? $5.00 per post

I’m closing my store after I up teen years on ebay $4.00 per post

Fees are too high. $3.00 per post

Promoted listing fees $2.00 per post

Why am I getting a 1099K? $1.00 per post

I’m sure I missed a few that should be on this list.

Message 85 of 89
latest reply

@mtgraves7984 ,

If your daughter got the boxes I wonder why myself and many others on this board didn’t get them?

Message 86 of 89
latest reply

@mtgraves7984 wrote:

@toomuchstuffagain35@silverstatetreasureboxes@ckimodog@duffy4444, @pburn, @southern*sweet*tea@buyselljack2016 , @albertabrightalberta

Only tagging y'all 'cause I wanted to share this freakish story. You know me, I never run out of irony... I roll with it! 🤣

Still no soup for me! 

I'm patient though and I'll update if I get it. (I did get the seeds a few months ago.)

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 87 of 89
latest reply

@theteamsetguy wrote:

@mtgraves7984 ,

If your daughter got the boxes I wonder why myself and many others on this board didn’t get them?

@theteamsetguy 

Here's one even odder... I read on a similar thread from a seller here (who also hadn't received supplies) that her sister had  received the 18# box. The poster's sister hadn't ever even bought or sold  on eBay and the worry was, "Where did eBay get her address?" The poster's sister (just like my daughter) had received no advance notice it was coming.

That poor poster was 1,500 miles from her sister. I only have to travel 15 miles to pick up my daughter's goodies. 🙂

Message 88 of 89
latest reply

On March 23rd , I received a very large FedEx 18 lb box from eBay.  Labeled FREE shipping supplies.  It was filled with a wonderful variety of boxes, bags, padded envelopes, tissue paper, thank you cards and packing tape.  The cardboard insert indicated that this is a promotional incentive to sign up for International Shipping.  It's a nice gift and starter package for anyone who is just beginning to sell on eBay and is in need of a variety of packaging items. 

I did not fill out a survey, or any other marketing offer.  I had opted out of International Shipping and used to be a Top Rated Seller, so I'm guessing they are trying to entice me to increase my business again.

Thanks for the gift eBay!

Message 89 of 89
latest reply