cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who the bleep is "Lithium Technologies, Inc." and what did I "authorize" them to do for me?

I found this mystery company name in my Site Preferences under "Third-Party Authorizations" heading.

Who the bleep are they?  I don't even know who they are, and yet eBay, in its infinite wisdom, decided on its own that I had "authorized" them to do SOMETHING for me... I'm not even sure what, but it almost certainly involves separating me from my money somehow.

P.S.   According to the info in my Site Preferences, I "authorized" this company to do whatever the bleep it does TODAY.  I have a clear recollection of ALL of my activities during this entire day, and I'm quite compleyely sure that at no time during this day did I give ANY kind of authorization to ANY party to do anything... other than my implicit authorization to eBay to list my item(s) for sale for me.

Obviously, somebody is trying to sneak something by me, and I don't like it.  Not one bit.

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Who the bleep is "Lithium Technologies, Inc." and what did I "authorize" them to do for me?

OP, 

When you signed on to this board, you signed on with an ebay username and password. 

That is known as a 'single sign-on" (SSO). 

In order for your eBay username and password to work on this board, you have to authorize the SSO between lithium and ebay. 

You did it, you just don't remember doing it. 

Unlucky

Message 16 of 28
latest reply

Now...don't get paranoid, it's only a coincidence that Lithium is:

a substance in its carbonate or citrate form used in the treatment or prophylaxis of bipolar disorder or mania.

Ya just can't make up stuff like this....

Message 17 of 28
latest reply

I got the answer to my original question (Who the bleep is "Lithium Technologies, Inc." and what did I "authorize" ...?) way back in mid April already.  So here we are in mid July.  Why are people still posting (pointless) follow-ups to this thread?

Message 18 of 28
latest reply

Why are people still posting (pointless) follow-ups to this thread?

Although this thread was buried on back/"dead" board pages somewhere, poster #11 (hawaiianthings08) came across it & posted to it ... which brought/"resurrected" the thread back to this boards 1st page.

Not all responders note the start date of a thread before responding & just post an answer to the last post made.

Occasionally, even 2/3/4 year old threads get resurrected from the dead.

"Necro threads" arise again when someone finds them and posts to them.

"They don't keep me here 'cause I'm GORGEOUS, they keep me here 'cause I'm SMART"...Judge Judy

Message 19 of 28
latest reply

@ronbaby wrote:

I got the answer to my original question (Who the bleep is "Lithium Technologies, Inc." and what did I "authorize" ...?) way back in mid April already.  So here we are in mid July.  Why are people still posting (pointless) follow-ups to this thread?

'cause somebody came along and blew a gasket over the same question you asked. Yes, they should have started their own thread. But when people search the boards, the results are sorted by "Best Match" (God help us), not by date, so they don't even know they're reviving an old thread.

Message 20 of 28
latest reply

And showing the posting date on screen in what looks like 20% gray prolly doesnt help either. Smiley Frustrated

Message 21 of 28
latest reply

Spoiler

Although 'Lithium' and 'Technology' doesn't go together very well .....

@itsjustasprain wrote:

And showing the posting date on screen in what looks like 20% gray prolly doesnt help either. Smiley Frustrated

Yes, I'm slowly going blind trying to read that. What a terrible design.

Message 23 of 28
latest reply

Is this powered by a DRUG PUSHING COMPANY ? Or battery's ?
Message 24 of 28
latest reply

circa 1901 The most useful answer here! Thanks!
Message 25 of 28
latest reply

Because people like me are looking for that same answer and when googled this thread came up. So your original question and answers are still helping.
Message 26 of 28
latest reply

No wonder so many posts here are explosive and inflammatory.

Message 27 of 28
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies.  Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

Message 28 of 28
latest reply