cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who sees what I purchase?

If I use my  personal seller ID to buy things and want to sell on that same ID, can the buyers see what I've bought personally?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

If your sellers left you feedback and the items were not "private" then the buyer might be able to see what you purchased.  They would have to go to your feedback, view "received as buyer" and view the feedback from the  seller or that you left for the seller.

I doubt that buyers would go to that trouble, but it is possible to do a little detective work and see.

I wouldn't worry about it.  Get a buying account if you are too worried about it.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

For example, I was able to see that you purchased this item.

Vintage Southwest Pueblo Acrylic Painting on Canvas 24" X 12" Original Wall Art

eBay made it a little harder to figure out things.  They sort of hide user ID's now but like I said, a little detective work and you can see things.  I doubt the average buyer would bother.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@bern1e2 

Buy and sell with different accounts. Some Scooby -Doo searching can often reveal what you purchased.

For me the bigger reason for the separation is to avoid issues with a vengeful seller. Should you happen to have a bad experience with a seller and choose to leave truthful feedback about the transaction it has been know to happen that said seller will make purchases from you with the sole reason of damaging your account.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Often, yes.    You are allowed to have more than one account.  You just need another email address for it.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

When I look at your feedback it does NOT show what you purchased as it does when you are looking at your own feedback.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Sometimes, a purchase "history" helps in buys from other sellers. I want to know if you have a purchase history if you're buying something expensive from me. This is where maybe some sellers might cancel the sale.

I usually don't buy from "private" feedback sellers. 

My BIG pet pee is those who post here who are not showing what they sell.

I don't need 4 accounts...nothing to hide.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply