cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who's leaving?

I know I'm not alone with the way I feel about ebay's new pay plan. Who's leaving and what other platform have you found for selling? 

Message 1 of 218
latest reply
217 REPLIES 217

Who's leaving?

I dont believe private selling companies should be allowed to sell on Ebay. They have attracted the IRS like a magnet and the small guy selling his attic stuff and grannies personal things has to take tax from buyer...Its bull**bleep**! lets leave this site and never return and of course the big selling companies now trying to infiltrate Craigslist...lets cut them off at the knees before they destroy that too

Message 196 of 218
latest reply

Who's leaving?

Huh? 

Gonna need more caffeine to even respond.  Goodness.  We morphed into the Sopranos early this Monday.  Where is Paulie Walnuts when you need him??

@scottishguy1951 wrote:

I dont believe private selling companies should be allowed to sell on Ebay. They have attracted the IRS like a magnet and the small guy selling his attic stuff and grannies personal things has to take tax from buyer...Its bull**bleep**! lets leave this site and never return and of course the big selling companies now trying to infiltrate Craigslist...lets cut them off at the knees before they destroy that too

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 197 of 218
latest reply

Who's leaving?

I stopped selling January 2021 after 20 years. I had so my problems with buyers for the first time ever Sept thru Jan (wouldn't pay, change delivery address, waiting for stimulus check which never arrived etc.) . Then with the managed payments notices, that was the last straw for me as a seller. As a buyer, all my categories were changed overnight, lumping new with vintage so now I have to scroll through 20 pages or more to try to find some items to buy. I'v e decided to stop selling all together, not going to go to any other platform. And I've stopped buying in my category all year as well. Simple was better. Ebay's loss; I'm sure I'm not alone. 

Message 198 of 218
latest reply

Who's leaving?

Wish you well.  Hope you have found time for the things you truly enjoy these past 7 months....

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 199 of 218
latest reply

Who's leaving?

Choosing another platform/venue like ETSY, AMAZON ETC depends on what you are selling. I , personally, have tried ETSY without any luck selling vintage and antique. I would have to google other venues that appear a good choice for the items you sell. I am downsizing, and sales have been slow for me, but I am using eBay instead of giving merchandise away. You may have to spend time researching what venue is best suited for you.

Message 200 of 218
latest reply

Who's leaving?

I just pulled $68,000 in listings off ebay. After 19 years ebay has perpetually astounded by sinking still further into the pit of misfeasance, incompetence, and flat-out theft. Truth be told, for the last 4 years ebay's business model has squeezed sellers to the breaking point, all the while serving as the platform for fewer and fewer sales.  Now a one feedback international buyer has $1700 of our money tied up and has the item; this after nearly 4 friggin weeks of screwing with the issue. I am having my bank refuse any and every communication from ebay going forward; and I now consider it a bargain at having ebay STEAL $1700 from me just so I can finally cut away from the giant crock o' fecal matter ebay has become. 

Message 201 of 218
latest reply

Who's leaving?

@ea327_for_radios   I see  this thread is rather old ...

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 202 of 218
latest reply

Who's leaving?

Understandable. I am sure they have no desire to report a decrease in accounts on their quarterly reports. They do however report the +/- of active buyers and sellers but they never have any details associated with that. 

Message 203 of 218
latest reply

Who's leaving?

Makes me wonder how people deal the day to day  obstacles in life 

when they can't even deal with minor changes on ebay. 

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 204 of 218
latest reply

Who's leaving?

I only checked the first 100 posts.

Fourteen of those said they were leaving.

Nine of the fourteen had no listings and no sales in the past month.

One of the fourteen had no listings but did have one sale in the past month.

Slightly higher numbers actually leaving than I had expected.

Message 205 of 218
latest reply

Who's leaving?

@mr_lincoln wrote:

And somebody needs to put a wooden stake in its heart. 

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 206 of 218
latest reply

Who's leaving?

I am also leaving because Ebay is holding my payouts. They keep saying I need to upload documents. Theres no number to call and its frustrating not getting anywhere with them.

Message 207 of 218
latest reply

Who's leaving?

@chapeau-noir wrote:

@mr_lincoln wrote:

And somebody needs to put a wooden stake in its heart. 

Or @chapeau-noir use the old phrase, "stick a fork in it, it's done" ...

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 208 of 218
latest reply

Who's leaving?

MP is NOT a backwards system...it is the way of business...I highly doubt the majority of corps/businesses/companies big or small pay their employees "immediately"!!!...

Our society has gone from patient,understanding,willingness to wait until the "job is done", to wanting instant gratification/instant this, instant that/I want it now,now,now!..

This "I want it NOW" society is pathetic!!

Message 209 of 218
latest reply

Who's leaving?

and you get "what you pay for"!!

been there, done that...NOTHING is FREE!

Message 210 of 218
latest reply