cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I sell boxes?

I have a large numbers of boxes, brand new, from Uline.  I have chosen to stop selling on eBay and most of my inventory is gone but I don't know what to do with all these boxes.  Has anyone downsized their business or stopped selling?  If so, where do you sell these?  I thought of Craigslist but most people seem to want free boxes for moving.  I'd rather reach out to sellers such as those with a small online business, eBay, or etsy.  I've thought of listing them on eBay but due to size/weight would have to do local pickup only.  I've heard it's easy to get scammed that way by buyers simply filing an INR and with no tracking it's impossible to win.  Thanks for any suggestions!

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Where do I sell boxes?

What's the large number?
What sizes?

Approximately

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Where do I sell boxes?

To sell locally, you only accept cash at pick-up, no Paypal.  Then youc annot be cheated.  And you do it in a public place for safety. 

----------------------------
Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Where do I sell boxes?

Do you know of any local eBay sellers?  What about through FaceBook?  What about a local business that sells their merchandise online?  Maybe there's a boardie who lives close who might be interested.

You could list them for pick-up only - cash in hand.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Where do I sell boxes?

You can sell with local pick up cash in hand.  Include in your listing a note to buyer to WAIT for your invoice.  Restate in that invoice cash in hand, and propose pick up.  DO NOT accept a Paypal payment.  If electronic payment made, that then becomes traceable, and you could be vulnerable to a INR claim.  Exchange item for cash.  DO NOT mark item as paid, or item shipped.  If item is NOT marked as paid, buyer can't file an INR or even an SNAD.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Where do I sell boxes?

@marwg0 wrote:

I've thought of listing them on eBay but due to size/weight would have to do local pickup only.  I've heard it's easy to get scammed that way by buyers simply filing an INR and with no tracking it's impossible to win.  

When you list the item as Local Pickup only, with no Shipping method of any kind specified, the listing goes in with special verbiage reading something like "Shipping not specified. Contact seller for details on pickup." A buyer cannot file an Item Not Received dispute on a Local Pickup Only listing.

(Yes, it doesn't hurt to also tell the buyer to simply bring cash. If you're just selling boxes, I assume we don't have huge amounts of money at stake here.)

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Where do I sell boxes?

"(Yes, it doesn't hurt to also tell the buyer to bring cash. If you're just selling boxes, I assume we don't have huge amounts of money at stake here.)"

Have you seen the ebay shipping supplies??

😀

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Where do I sell boxes?

Message 8 of 8
latest reply