cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What percent of your customers leave you feedback?

Even after 15-20 years of selling on eBay, i still get excited when i receive positive feeback.  But lately, the percentage of customers who leave me feedback is LESS than 10%.  It used to be much more, like maybe 50%. What happened?   Is everyone just too busy?  Should i care?  What's your feedback percentage?  Do you care? Do you include a note with every order thanking them for their purchase and reminding them to leave you feedback?  Just curious....

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 1 of 43
latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

I'd say I get feedback about 30% of the time.

And I bet if I didn't include a packing slip with my packages with a note 'kindly' requesting positive feedback if they are satisfied, it'd be 10% or less.

Message 2 of 43
latest reply

I don't include one of those slips ... but maybe i'll start.  😃

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 3 of 43
latest reply

I'm at 50% for the last 12 months, but it's not too swift over the last few months.
I sell golf stuff...maybe that helps, maybe not.
Message 4 of 43
latest reply

@inhawaii  Collectibles: 

1. As a Seller I leave FB for the Buyer while the label is printing, then its done

2. As a Buyer I leave FB for the Seller right after I open and inspect the item.  If there happens to be an issue I message the Seller to discuss things ... have never had to leave anything other than Positive FB as a Buyer

3. As a Seller FB from Buyers runs between 55 - 60%

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 5 of 43
latest reply

@inhawaii wrote:

I don't include one of those slips ... but maybe i'll start.  😃

This is the message I include with the packing slip to all of my customers:

Thank you for your purchase. If you are satisfied, please take a moment to leave positive feedback for me. If there is any issue, please contact me prior to leaving feedback.

I also highlight that portion in yellow marker to try and be certain they see it and don't just toss it aside without looking at it.

Some sellers here may think it's a mistake, but I've yet to have anyone complain about it or take up issue with it.

When I first started out here, if a buyer didn't leave feedback within a week after receiving the item I'd message them through ebay asking for it, but I quickly learned through educating myself on the forums here that that is absolutely a NO NO and by no means acceptable.

Message 6 of 43
latest reply

Mine is around 50%. I will leave a buyer feedback if they pay immediately. Some sellers will leave a note on the packing slip or an email to remind a buyer to leave feedback. Leaving 

notes is optional.

There a variety of reasons why buyers don't leave feedback. 

These people have busy lives. Whether it be family, work, or 

just don't feel it's necessary to do so. I would much rather have more sales than feedback any day. It doesn't bother me at all and don't let it bother you. 

Message 7 of 43
latest reply

I leave all my customers the exact same feedback comment for the past several years and I prefer not to receive any and I get very little feedback and I like that.

I buy a lot every month 100 - 200 items to sell at other venues and I leave feedback for all of them except if they email me or send notes begging and whining for feedback then they get none. What I really hate are these losers that email repeatedly begging for feedback crying about how it is so important for them and how they will leave you feedback only after you have left it for them.

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. Thomas Edison
Message 8 of 43
latest reply

On this account I have 1726 total transactions and 1204 total feedback.  (70%) This is my oldest account.

On another account I have 3271 total transactions and 1732 feedback.  (53%) This particular account is from 2010.

On another account I have  462 total transactions and 56 feedback. (12%) This particular account is from 2013.

I leave buyer feedback on shipment.  In my personal experience as the years have gone by, buyers are leaving feedback less.

I do include a packing slip with a handwritten thank you message inside each package. I do not in any way mention feedback. I think that's just crass.

And yes, I do get happy when I see a positve feedback added 🙂 but I don't lose any sleep if I don't get feedback.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 9 of 43
latest reply

I leave feedback , including shipping date since I rarely track anything, on shipment. I've only not left feedback once in that time. I had my reasons.

Over the past six months on this account my FB rec'd is 68% of FB left.

I thought it would be lower, but I guess philatelists enjoy the process.

On another account that drops to just under 50%.

Message 10 of 43
latest reply

@southern*sweet*tea wrote:

On this account I have 1726 total transactions and 1204 total feedback.  (70%) This is my oldest account.

On another account I have 3271 total transactions and 1732 feedback.  (53%) This particular account is from 2010.

On another account I have  462 total transactions and 56 feedback. (12%) This particular account is from 2013.

I leave buyer feedback on shipment.  In my personal experience as the years have gone by, buyers are leaving feedback less.

I do include a packing slip with a handwritten thank you message inside each package. I do not in any way mention feedback. I think that's just crass.

And yes, I do get happy when I see a positve feedback added 🙂 but I don't lose any sleep if I don't get feedback.

I don't think it's crass at all the way I do it, since I also specify to contact me if they have any issues.

Message 11 of 43
latest reply

@southern*sweet*tea

I agree, I never mention FB in correspondence, no notes, no packing slip, nothing ... if I get FB I get it, if not I don't ...

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 12 of 43
latest reply

@jonathankirkland wrote:

I don't think it's crass at all the way I do it, since I also specify to contact me if they have any issues.

As a buyer, I think it's crass. If a seller does a good job, I'll leave good feedback. If they don't do a good job I'll generally leave no feedback.  I don't need reminders or hints to leave it.

As a seller, I think it puts a big fat target on your back. Sellers who focus on feedback are chum for scammers, because scammers know that many, many of these sellers will fold like a cheap suit when the pressure is put on. They're so focused on perfect feedback they'll do anything to keep it.

IMO mentioning feedback anywhere is bad news.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 13 of 43
latest reply

Before negatives for buyers were eliminated in 2008, I received feedback from 95% of my customers.

After negatives for buyers were eliminated, I received feedback from about 65% of my customers.  Now, I receive feedback from about 60% of my customers.

If more sellers would leave feedback before the buyer receives the item, that would cause more buyers to leave feedback for me and for other sellers.   When more sellers participate, more buyers will participate. 

Message 14 of 43
latest reply

I get excited to receive feedback too!  I would say I receive it nowadays about 20% of the time/transactions.  It's slowly declined every year (along with sales! lol)

My feedback percentage is currently 100%, do I care? Yes, because I started selling when it mattered A LOT, so it's still a symbol of pride to me 🙂  Old habits...

I leave feedback asap after my buyers pay (which I've only been doing for about 2 yrs now).  When I ship items I don't send anything but the item (no notes, etc).

I wonder if I go back to leaving feedback after I receive it first, I would receive it more often?  Or maybe no news is good news.  Or maybe they just don't take the time.  Eh, who knows!!

Message 15 of 43
latest reply