cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is a 1.00 "Special Duration Fee"??? more fees......

So I listed something for 3 day auction and I got charged 1.00 for a "Special Duration Fee".  What is this??  It's funny cause that fee took one day to process, but I got paid on July 2nd for an auction and because my "send to bank account" day is Tuesday, it wasn't ready yet, so I won't get that money until next week on July 15th.  LOL.  What a system....SMH

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

When you listed your item it told you the cost for a special 3 days auction before you submitted it. If you do not want to pay extra you have to use the 7 day auction.

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

Do you not check your costs before listing??

They are stated before you hit the button.

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

Choosing an auction duration of 1 or 3 days is one of the many "Listing upgrade fees" that a seller can incur by choosing options. They are listed on the basic fees page and are shown at the bottom of the listing form before you launch the listing.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/selling-fees?id=4822

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

" If you do not want to pay extra you have to use the 7 day auction."

Unless it has changed, the extra fee is only for one and three day auctions. Five, seven, and ten day auctions all do not have the fee.

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

@richtwes wrote:

So I listed something for 3 day auction and I got charged 1.00 for a "Special Duration Fee".  What is this??  It's funny cause that fee took one day to process, but I got paid on July 2nd for an auction and because my "send to bank account" day is Tuesday, it wasn't ready yet, so I won't get that money until next week on July 15th.  LOL.  What a system....SMH

Next Tuesday is the 13th, not the 15th.

That aside ... If you want your money as quickly as possible, you should switch to daily payouts instead of weekly. That way you would be getting your money tomorrow. 

As for the special duration fee - that is the fee for auctions lasting 1 or 3 days, as shown on the fee schedule:

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/selling-fees-managed-payments-sellers?id=4822

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

I take it this is for the 500 item??

Let us know how this works out:

It is ripe for an easy not as described case by the way..

You did not even use original photos of the item (items) you are trying to sell.

"Cards all similar to the 3 pictured."

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

Please consider taking your own pictures 

I may be wrong but in viewing your listings they appear to be stock pictures

Just a suggestion

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

ebay punishes sellers with the fee for running SHORTER AUCTIONS that take LESS Space on their system!

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

Correct. My point was a 3 day cost money.

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

@lowcostsales2014 wrote:

ebay punishes sellers with the fee for running SHORTER AUCTIONS that take LESS Space on their system!

No, they charge sellers for increased visibility - especially sorting 'newly listed' and 'ending soonest'.

You are correct about the days...nice job checking a calendar. So on Tuesday "my money" gets sent to the bank...it takes until Thursday to be able to access it.  Didn't think I'd have to explain that.....shocker. 

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

Are the ebay kissups morons??  Of course I used original pictures?  I have the set....I took the pictures of the set I"m selling. I'm not going to list a picture of each 132 cards, so I said all individual cards are the same condition as the 3 pictured.  Are these people morons??

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

LOL...I know right?  who is running this business????

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

"stock pictures"...**bleep**? I have a phone with a camera...lol. I take all pics of my cards.  SMH

Message 15 of 18
latest reply