cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is EC range and what does it have to do with pillows and figurines?

When I google EC Range it comes up as a rating for cannabis. I have it as a required item specific for pillows and figures and several other listings. 

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Required, or Recommended?

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

I have the same problem with a listing for lighted outdoor pathway markers. It is "Recommended", but if you don't fill it in, you will not get the "blue circle" completed to help your listing show up. AND, you can't just put N/A or something like that. It has to be one of their pre-determined choices. For now I just chose "A-G" which seemed to be the most general choice...?    

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

You do NOT need to fill in the blue circle. That is an ebay myth. For Recommended, try this instead:

"If it does not apply, let it lie."

So go ahead, fill in Recommendeds that actually apply to your listing. But just ignore the rest.

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

If you go to the full website there is a little box at the bottom of recommended specifics that says "do not ask me for these again" if you mark that box it all goes away and you don't get asked for any of those specifics again

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

This is what I have been doing.  However, it is an annoyance for these reasons (1) it is a item specific for items that it isn't even applicable to (2) when ebay recommends something - it means it's in your best interest if you do it (3) best match [lump this in with #2] (4) they really need their dev's to take a fraction of their day to add "add customer value" to the drop down so we can write NA in there (5) I feel like I'm writing a term paper entitled "How I Spent My Summer" for 3rd grade having to go through 600+ listings that they haphazardly changed the categories on and can't get the EC range monkey off my back.

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

I feel the very same way.  Insanity!  First I had to go through 1000 listed to accept the mobile friendly checker,  then immediately the "Add Recommended", where I don't find the bulk tool helpful at all.  None of these changes have helped my sales totals; no matter what, my sales seem to stay constant.  Profits, with postal increases an fees, continue to take the biggest bite out of the sales amount.  I am as frustrated with the EC Range as you, too.  I am trying to list bookends,  go figure! I am going to see if the above suggestion to hit "Don't show me again works"  

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

@jaquitatoc wrote:

None of these changes have helped my sales totals; no matter what, my sales seem to stay constant.  

Structured data is designed to help buyers find items

That does not necessarily mean that it will help a specific seller sell his items.

But it may just mean that buyers will filter out your item if you do not use item specifics wisely. 

Like it or not, eBay's structured data train is leaving the station. It's up to each seller to decide whether he wants to get on board or get left behind. 

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

As a seller i will comply.  As a buyer i look elsewhere because these item specifics are taking up a lot of space and slow down loading process, not everyone has fast internet like corporations.   Many of these item specifics have no reality to the product we list.  How can Towels have Speakers or related to characters when they are plain Kitchen Towels?   You do not find these item specifics on other platforms like Walmart, Target, Etsy, HD, etc.  Those pages are pretty clear and concise.   Good Photos and Descriptions SHOULD sell the product.  However, Nobody reads anymore, including item specifics.  ie: Sold a piece of glass, called it PALE PINK in the title and the description, she returned it saying it was not as described.  She said it was Lavender on her monitor.  So in that case item specifics said PINK, what good was it?

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

@locks_keys 

< What is EC range >     

I found hundreds of references to EC pillow on the internet.  I opened many of them, but none of them tells me exactly what the "EC" stands for, but if you google EC Orthopedic and/or EC Pillow you eventually land on a site that seems to consider itself some sort of authority regarding orthopedics. 

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

yes you get asked again every time the listing renews, or if eBay gets a bug about another specific all of you do not reminds me items come back to haunt you. 

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

I do not feel like I am being left at the station but rather have traveled to new destinaions, I selling great on mercari and etsy without the stupid specifics. 

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

Maybe this will help you and everyone else in this feed regarding EC Grading. A+++ are Energy Consumption ratings hence The EC rating specific.  Here is a wiki link to help give adequate detail. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Union_energy_label

Hope this helps. 

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

My guess is that EC for a pillow stands for Ergonomic Comfort, or something similar.

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

@thrifthog wrote:

Maybe this will help you and everyone else in this feed regarding EC Grading. A+++ are Energy Consumption ratings hence The EC rating specific.  Here is a wiki link to help give adequate detail. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Union_energy_label

Hope this helps. 

Well at least I now know what EC stands for. (Energy Consumption). But it does end the confusion. I sell decal/stickers that are meant to be applied to cars bumper or trunk lid. eBay asks for an EC rating. Exactly how much energy does a decal consume?

Interestingly, some of eBay's sticker categories request the EC rating and some do not. So with a little searching I was able to move them all to another perfectly appropriate  sticker category without the request. Wasted time but problem solved.

Message 15 of 16
latest reply