cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What has Ebay and PayPal done for you as a seller ?

Every time i log in to both those sites, it says read our message from our CEO how we are here to help you. LOL is Ebay or Paypal waiving any fees ???... Are they lowering any fees in the mean time until things get back to normal ???... Well i can tell you they are done nothing for sellers !!!... I am not looking for a loan or free listings !!!... But the insider trading in stocks continue. Stock price up near 10 percent in 1 day based on nothing. How much more lies will you people take from Ebay and PP ???

Message 1 of 40
latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

@disco2845 wrote:

Are they lowering any fees in the mean time until things get back to normal ???... I am not looking for a loan or free listings !!

I would think free listings is lowering fees. Do you mean FVF's ? Why would they lower those fees if you sold something ?

Message 2 of 40
latest reply

What have PP and eBay done for me? 

Made it possible for me to sell my items to anyone anywhere in the world.

Message 3 of 40
latest reply

What has ebay and paypal done for me, nothing! ebay told us they were going to defer our fees, but there was a catch 22 in that they weren't willing to defer the fees sellers owe right now, putting many of us in a very difficult situation given the huge lump in sales.

Days after I got approved for deferral, I got threatening messages for non-payment. Just goes to show how very little this platform cares about its sellers.

As for those arguing the OP shouldn't be blaming ebay, keep in mind they paid out over $5 billion dollars to investors last year, while cutting advertising that destroyed your sales. 

Message 4 of 40
latest reply

What have you done for your customers?   That's what i thought.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 5 of 40
latest reply

Paypal suspended their Working Capital loan repayments for 30 days. I'd say that's a big something.
Message 6 of 40
latest reply

Sooooo...…..a struggling seller is supposed to offer much lower costs & make their situation worse because a wealthy corporation should help out the struggling seller?   Hope you don't have any employees.  I'd feel sorry for them.    Stay safe.   🙂   

Message 7 of 40
latest reply

They have allowed me to earn a little money as a stay at home mom. I've sold on here for many years and used the money for things like taking the family to Six Flags, movies, eating out and so on.

Message 8 of 40
latest reply

Some sellers on eBay whine and cry no matter what eBay does or doesn't do, and have been doing it for years. This is a global crisis and not about any one seller. I wish eBay would start a "crybaby board" for those sellers who think the world is against them. That way, they could have their own forum, wade in a puddle of tears and support each other better.

Message 9 of 40
latest reply

While I will complain about certain Ebay policies and "glitches", I am very thankful for the platform they have provided. Otherwise I would have lost my house after a disabling medical condition. I know many other seniors who depend on Ebay to stay ahead of the bills.

Paypal's Working Capital loans have worked very well for me and allowed me to jump on wholesale lots when I was short of cash. They even suspended loan repayments of 30 days to help out with cash flow. Ebay has done the same with fees.

As far as claiming 90% of people are starving you are not helping anyone with those sorts of statements. 

Message 10 of 40
latest reply

eBay has provided me with a selling platform upon which I choose when to list, what to list using the tools and features the site has made available. It is up to me to make the platform work for me. eBay has provided me with monthly free listings as well as other free listing promos which I use to the best advantage.

PayPal has provided me with the processing of the payments by customers when they make a purchase.

I ask for nothing more. The rest is up to me.

Selling on eBay or any other selling platform is a choice.

Successful online selling is about the product, its uniqueness, price points, supply & demand, target market, etc and the ability to make the platform work is all in how the seller approaches those factors.

Your success is what you make it.

Adjust, adapt and carry on!

Message 11 of 40
latest reply

Selling on eBay is a choice.

Adjust, adapt and carry on!

Message 12 of 40
latest reply

@sakic92710 wrote:

Sooooo...…..a struggling seller is supposed to offer much lower costs & make their situation worse because a wealthy corporation should help out the struggling seller?   Hope you don't have any employees.  I'd feel sorry for them.    Stay safe.   🙂   

Sooooo........ebay should help the "struggling sellers"? What about the wealthy sellers?

What about YOUR struggling customers?  Are you shipping them items and letting them pay you later?  I didn't think so.

You stay safe too. 

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 13 of 40
latest reply

Probably not going to be a popular opinion, but, the fees deferral and the up to 50,000 listings free has helped a ton here. Since I've seen an uptick in sales this month so far, the deferral was timed perfect for me. However, I applied for it as soon as they offered it. PayPal is PayPal. Not sure what they would be able to do...I mean they transfer the money immediately when I need it. So...I mean can't ask for much more than that really.

Message 14 of 40
latest reply

I pay $3000 a month mortgage in Cali, yet if I had the same house in Arkansas, my mortgage would be $600. 

Why does the Arky get the same $1200 that I do? That will pay 2 months for him. The $1200 for me pays nothing.

I had a $126k job last year that if I lost Mar 16th, I would qualify for nothing per my 2019  tax return,  I get $0.0 of the $1200. But now I have no money and I get no money.

You know why? Because that's life. 

Message 15 of 40
latest reply