cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do you do when Buyer asks unsual questions about your item

Been back and forth in messages with this buyer about a silver marcasite ring. She has been asking strange questions and it leads me to believe she has never seen a marcasite ring before or she is setting this up to be unhappy with the purchase . Looking at her feedback she has left a few negs for other sellers, one claiming a bag was fake and one upset because the seller didn't discount the shipping. She just put a BO on the ring.  The offer is good and normally I'd accept right away but I am just not feeling like she knows what she is buying and will return.

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

go with your gut.....

View Best Answer in original post

Message 7 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

If you feel she might be a problem later on, decline her offer and block. 

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

What was strange about the questions?
Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Marcasite is a rather weird product.  Perhaps she is worried that Marcasite is a made up name and they are not really stones.

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 4 of 14
latest reply

I could totally understand the questions if my photos were dark or blurry or one of those diffcult to photograph items. But what threw me was first she asked if the ring was gold. Even though its clearly not. I still answered politely maybe one of the alternate shots showed a bit of reflection in the photo  or maybe her phone display is off. Then she asked if the ring was black. Well the marcasite part of the ring is set in black, I rarely see it not set that way. She BO'd the item before I could answer her that yes, its set in black/antiqued.  Maybe she is visually impared, I don't know but the nature of the questions made me think she is going to be an issue because she is buying stuff she doesn't understand or see properly or from her neg feedback to other sellers that she is fishing for discounts.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Or maybe I am just over thinking this lol.
Message 6 of 14
latest reply

go with your gut.....

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

I am right behind you. I would defenly do best I can to give   unsual questions however. WHen they pick shiping what I do is free shipping might be way to cut down on some of non sence. there are some people who cant please keep that in mind.. As long you did your job to best that what else matters. ALways working with costemers what be going more. Even when they give negive feedback its just learning train to make better for next time.

@websilverjewel wrote:

Been back and forth in messages with this buyer about a silver marcasite ring. She has been asking strange questions and it leads me to believe she has never seen a marcasite ring before or she is setting this up to be unhappy with the purchase . Looking at her feedback she has left a few negs for other sellers, one claiming a bag was fake and one upset because the seller didn't discount the shipping. She just put a BO on the ring.  The offer is good and normally I'd accept right away but I am just not feeling like she knows what she is buying and will return.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

@websilverjewel wrote:

@websilverjewel wrote:

Hi, I think it could be just that your buyer wants more information. Your description in the listing is only three words, "Made in Thailand." While you have a good title and have used some Item Specifics, the lack of information about your ring would lead to questions if you have a serious buyer. You received a good offer. Make the sale.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

I understand your point, thank you. I would have expected questions like the size of the ring front (which I forgot to include on this item).

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

I would think someone who is just window shopping rings but doesn't know about Marcasite ( i've never heard of it), would ask questions. Your pictures really do not give a good representation showing the actual color. Your description is ONE WORD and with a description saying Thailand. The cost your asking I would think would make many potential buyers would ask several questions. Either that, or hit the back button.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

If you have questions about a buyer, then you already have answers about a buyer.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

@robot-hands wrote:

If you have questions about a buyer, then you already have answers about a buyer.

@robot-hands

That, and if you have questions about a seller, then you already have answers about a seller. open_mouth

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

@coolections wrote:

@robot-hands wrote:

@robot-hands

That, and if you have questions about a seller, then you already have answers about a seller. open_mouth

Wherever you go, there you are.

The only problem with your flip is that a buyer can return anything for any reason at almost anytime. Questions about sellers are generally moot, the only thing invested is time.

A seller cannot refuse after a sale without repurcussions that can quarduple penalize them.....buyers see no such penalty.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply