cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Website, stores and small business

I am on the new ebay 'str' stores platform.  And the ebay store does look great on both the large screen desktop and the small screen mobile.  For years my business URL just forwards to my ebay store.  I needed more power.  The stores platform is very limited to a simple store view of my listings.  I guess I need a content management system with my ebay items available.

My solution this weekend was to start a WordPress.com website (business level or higher) and use the Auction Nudge plugin.  Listings then can be configured to display on a page on my website.  This is better than the old store frame from the old ebay stores platform.  

For the last ebay UpFront I attended I asked that ebay develop its stores platform a little more.  Although I understand the problem of people trying to link out of ebay listings and conduct sales off the ebay platform...  WHY would I want to do business off ebay???  ebay handles so many things from taxes, shipping, customer relations management, advertising, google shopping, payments...

But...  What if I make an iPhone app that I wish to sell?  What if I have video content I wish to sell? What if I want someone to upload files or do proposals?  I suppose I needed more that I can't blame ebay stores for not having solutions for that.   

my WordPress website is electrifyingideas.org (if you forgive the shameless plug).  I am still working on this but I guess its the right way.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Website, stores and small business

Although I understand the problem of people trying to link out of ebay listings and conduct sales off the ebay platform...  WHY would I want to do business off ebay???

I doubt eBay develops it's platform based on one seller's behavior. I suspect they base it on the behavior they observe from millions of sellers.

What if I make an iPhone app that I wish to sell?  What if I have video content I wish to sell? What if I want someone to upload files or do proposals?  I suppose I needed more that I can't blame ebay stores for not having solutions for that

eBay does not allow most sellers sell digitally delivered items, so I doubt they are worried about providing you with a solution.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply