cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vintage Model Kit Returned Ebay Awards Buyer Refund

Buyer messages me with questions regarding discounting kit price.  I refuse to discount due to its rarity.  Buyer accepts and uses BIN.  I ship model, buyer receives in 2 days.  Buyer keeps 3 additional days, claims model is damaged wants to return for refund.  Buyer than messages me with lowball offer to keep kit for $25 and I refund him $225 to which I said no.  Buyer then offers to keep the kit for $50 and refund him $200 again I say no.  2 days later, buyer opens a case.  Ebay freezes funds demands I provide return ship label in less time than buyer took to notify me he wanted return.  I provide return label on 17th June, buyer takes 3 more days to actually ship.  I receive message from eBay that case is pending until July 6th.  Model arrives July 5th, eBay closes case and awards buyer refund July 6th.  Buyer clearly opened bags that were sealed.  Ebay claims that I can appeal and they will respond within 48 hours.  Hmmm, I wonder what they'll have to say in 48 hours?

The buyers messaging plainly show that he was up to no good.  The kit was not damaged, but rather used as a salvage yard.  Ebays blatant disregard in allowing me to prove the model kit was not damaged and that sealed bags were opened tells me that after 20 years as an honest, expedient, and professional seller with a menial feedback of 100% and 1287 sales means ABSOLUTE **bleep** as compared to a buyer who joined ebay in 2018 with a 0 feedback rating.

The funny thing is that for a brief moment I thought "0 feedback, I once started with "0".  Again, eBay allowed the buyer to purchase even though my listings are set not to allow buyers with less than a 5 feedback rating.

The robots whom I spoke with from whatever country were not in the least helpful and the supposed "supervisors" were nothing but liars.

Message 1 of 78
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Please show me where you can set it so a buyer with less than a 5 feedback rating cannot buy from you?

I am pretty sure no such setting exists or has ever existed on ebay.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 78
latest reply
77 REPLIES 77

Please show me where you can set it so a buyer with less than a 5 feedback rating cannot buy from you?

I am pretty sure no such setting exists or has ever existed on ebay.

Message 2 of 78
latest reply

Where is this feature to block buyers with low feedback?????? 

Aside from that, "being up to no good" is speculation, and is meaningless when it comes to returns. eBay automatically refunds when tracking shows delivered. Which means they can break the item, keep parts, or return a different item and you're still forcecd to refund. That's how it goes. You can appeal but I doubt you'll get anywhere with it. 

Message 3 of 78
latest reply

"I am pretty sure no such setting exists or has ever existed on ebay."  Ok.

Message 4 of 78
latest reply

Just a rant. Of course an appeal is pointless.

Message 5 of 78
latest reply

@fab_finds4u 

@jonathankirkland 

@snoopdad40 

...under Block Buyers/Bidders List, there is Buyer Requirements that allows to block buyers with maximum of 5 feedback score down to minimum of 0...

...I set my Buyer Requirements that way...

Message 6 of 78
latest reply

Buyer requirementsBuyer requirements

Message 7 of 78
latest reply

Duh! Lmao!

Message 8 of 78
latest reply

@snoopdad40 

...once in a while you might have to get back to your Buyer Requirements section to reinstate your choices...I have been doing that, and very interesting to find out that eBay outdated my settings every times I re-check them...

Message 9 of 78
latest reply

@snoopdad40 Several months ago I was forced to do a refund on an item that shipped overseas through the global shipping program.

I was on the phone with a guy from customer service explaining to him that the problem was not caused by me and he said that I'd have to file an appeal.  I filed the appeal, and just as I was hanging up the phone with CS,  I received an email telling me that my appeal had been denied.  ????

There was no way for a 'real' person to have already read the appeal case and make a decision so quickly.

The robots are already in control.  I'm currently waiting to be assimilated at some point in the near future. 

I wish you good luck with your appeal.

Message 10 of 78
latest reply

I'm just writing it off and relisting, but thanks!

Message 11 of 78
latest reply

That is very confusing.

The way that reads to me that says block buyers who caused 2 canceletions of unpaid purchases within 6 months, and only block users with 5 or less feedback who have done so.

Which to me says you are not blocking all buyers with 5 feedback or less. And to me that also says you are allowing anyone with 2 unpaid item strikes or more, but higher than 5 feedback, to bid/buy your items.

Screenshot_20210706-214113.jpg

Message 12 of 78
latest reply

Yes. Bro

It is not perfect. 

Message 13 of 78
latest reply

Yes, that's for special circumstances and not an overall block of anyone 5 or less. I doubt that happens much unless you sell a LOT.

Message 14 of 78
latest reply

@jonathankirkland 

...eBay's words are always confusing...to me...too complicated to digest...

Message 15 of 78
latest reply