cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variation listings

My option for creating a listing with variations seems to have inexplicably disappeared. Is it not an option anymore? Did they change the layout and I just don’t know where the option for it is now located? Am I just going crazy?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Variation listings

Hey @disneylvr22 . By default the variation setting is hidden on the listing form. Once you unhide the setting it will stick for future listings.

On the top right of the page click the settings menu (3 vertical dots) and toggle the variations slider if it's not already on.

Make sure you're working off a new listing, not a relist or sell similar from a listing without variations.

Beyond that it comes down to category; not every category supports variations.

If the category supports variations you'll find them in a non-intuitive, awkward placement on the listing form - below item specifics instead of above them. Make sure you set up variations before you fill out any of the IS.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Variation listings

Create a new listing, select the category, if the category supports variations you will see Create Variations to click on.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Variation listings

We have run into that issue several Times I don't believe anything has changed. There are Some items that for some reason eBay's advanced apps Department hasn't set to accept Variations. I know it's

important to list in the correct category but if you really need the try listing an item close to it that does allow them

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Variation listings

Hey @disneylvr22 . By default the variation setting is hidden on the listing form. Once you unhide the setting it will stick for future listings.

On the top right of the page click the settings menu (3 vertical dots) and toggle the variations slider if it's not already on.

Make sure you're working off a new listing, not a relist or sell similar from a listing without variations.

Beyond that it comes down to category; not every category supports variations.

If the category supports variations you'll find them in a non-intuitive, awkward placement on the listing form - below item specifics instead of above them. Make sure you set up variations before you fill out any of the IS.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Variation listings

OMG!!!! Thank you so much! I have been in a constant loop of trying to figure this out and reading step by step guide and NO ONE else mentioned that I needed to change the settings.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply