cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VERO from Microsoft on items that I stopped selling over 7 months ago??!!!!

Received a VERO from MS for Software Licensing for items that I stopped selling over 7 months ago. How can they do this? Seriously? This is a hit on my selling account, that is already suffering because sales have pretty much died for me at 17 pretty successfull years on Ebay.

Is it worth calling Ebay and asking them to remove them from my record since I pulled the listings all by myself? I took a hit too, I still have lots of the OEM reload DVDs that I would love to sell, but I won't put them on Ebay ever again.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

@gwelch-2013 wrote:

Received a VERO from MS for Software Licensing for items that I stopped selling over 7 months ago. How can they do this? Seriously? This is a hit on my selling account, that is already suffering because sales have pretty much died for me at 17 pretty successfull years on Ebay.

Is it worth calling Ebay and asking them to remove them from my record since I pulled the listings all by myself? I took a hit too, I still have lots of the OEM reload DVDs that I would love to sell, but I won't put them on Ebay ever again.

Why did you pull the listings 7 months ago.  Was it because you decided all by yourself that you cannot sell licensed product or was it because of a VERO warning?

And you do know that you cannot sell them anywhere as it is illegal.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

@gwelch-2013 wrote:

Is it worth calling Ebay and asking them to remove them from my record since I pulled the listings all by myself? 

Why not? It's certainly worth a try! As my friend Tom would say, "It don't cost nothin'."

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

I know that even if you remove the listing it doesnt matter according to eBay. I ran into this several years back with a VERO dispute. I got dinged for one then removed the others and still eBay held them against my account. I couldnt list for a month. How the hell should I know you cant sell used Makita drills internationally. Really thats all it was I was selling used Makita drills with international shipping and Makita had a fit. OK done ranting. Back to my 2 cents. 

7 months seems very excessive. I know some listings can be on file for years but most are removed at least visually after a few weeks/months at longest. 

What this sounds like to me is one of the eBay sites like an international ebay site cached your listing much longer and its still showing up on search engines. Thats the only way I can think of that MS would be able to find it and open a case. 

I would call eBay and dispute it since it was well over the normal time a listing should be cached and its not your fault if one of eBays sites cached it longer. 

And dont list anything from MS. If you care for your site just doent. You can always unload them somewhere else as long as they are legal to sell. 

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Sorry but Ebay won't remove the violation.  

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Jack Daniel's did a VERO take down on some patches I were selling that were FROM THEM calling them couterfeit yet they came directly from THEM I found that pretty stupid but I'm not gonna risk selling them here again for obvious reasons, I've had plenty of so called take downs notices after the item was already sold as well.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@gwelch-2013 wrote:

Is it worth calling Ebay and asking them to remove them from my record since I pulled the listings all by myself? 

I believe this member intended to respond to you:

Re: VERO from Microsoft on items that I stopped selling over 7 months ago??!!!!
in reply to 06-04-2018 09:43:38 PM

Sorry but Ebay won't remove the violation.  

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

If you talk to anybody regarding your situation, hit them with this:

When a new law is enacted, passed, whatever, the changes can go "retroactively" only if they are a plus for anybody. That means that, and I am going to put his stupid action as an example, they fine anybody who spits on the sidewalk from tomorrow on. Well, I would go all day long spitting on the sidewalks because tomorrow my favorite pastime won't be legal anymore. 

This is called "grandfathering".  You are covered by the law to not being fined or imprisoned for acts not deemed illegal when you "committed them". Smiley Wink

It also violates the presumption of innocent until proven guilty. You have not being caught doing anything wrong. Why criminalize you for something "you may do in the future"?

latest reply