cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using eBay Printing Labels offer????????????

This just came in this morning and I just want to confirm this is the regular label printing through eBay and not some new discount offer ... I suspect it is BUT that this was triggered for one of two reasons:

1. I was forced to print labels through PayPal when eBay was having their label printing glich recently

2. I have shipped about 6 packages using some discounted postage stamps and have been uploading Tracking Manually

Screenshot (788).png

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

@lookng2015

@lookng2015 wrote:
Yes, apparently they can tell when you use PayPal labels but can't tell you usually DO use eBay shipping.

It's like when I get little sales pushes that I can list 50 items a month for FREE (they can't seem to figure out I'm paying for a store)

Also note the no space between switch and from (can they not even afford a proof reader?)

lol!  I noticed that too ... I think had they used a smaller font they would have had the correct spacing ...

Regards,
Message 16 of 28
latest reply

@mr_lincoln wrote:

@llllady

@llllady wrote:

Did you get that message in My eBay or did it come to your email?

I think the reference to "President" makes it a bit suspicious. 

Ha-ha!  Yes, I got that in my eBay messaging!  Hey, they know how to treat me with respect, what can I say?

Well ain't you special.  Now don't be letting that ego get out of control now, ya hear?  🙂

“It took me quite a long time to develop a voice, and now that I have it, I am not going to be silent” ― Madeleine K. Albright

Great! 45.8% down over the same time last year with 2x+ items listed. Are you impressed? I'm certainly not!
Message 17 of 28
latest reply

I too got this message.  I suspect it is because I always use Paypal's shipping labels.  I stopped using eBay's shipping labels because the interface just takes too long and errors out way too frequently.  I simply hit the transaction ID in the sales information and viola, I'm at the Paypal.  For ME, it just isn't worth the hassle of using eBay shipping labels since the only savings I experience is $.20 when a buyer opts for expedited shipping.  The other advantage is that you can confirm you actually got paid for the item.

Hey eBay, instead of spending money on campaigns asking sellers to use your labels, FIX IT and maybe we would.

I'm not a lawyer, I don't even play one on TV

Blink Blink
Message 18 of 28
latest reply

@llllady wrote: Well ain't you special.  Now don't be letting that ego get out of control now, ya hear?  🙂

________________________________________________________________________________

Well NOW look who's special!!!! (actually, since we're not supposed to put our names here I changed my name on the original pic BUT the "Switchfrom" type-o is actually eBay's) ... so @looking2015 sort of had it right that their messages usually have their name ...

Screenshot (789).png

Regards,
Message 19 of 28
latest reply

@pinupsplus wrote:
 ... it just isn't worth the hassle of using eBay shipping labels since the only savings I experience is $.20 when a buyer opts for expedited shipping. ....

The price difference between Commercial Plus and Commercial Base rates for Priority Mail is 3%, which is usually more than 20 cents.

Message 20 of 28
latest reply

LOL!  I guess I'm special now, too.  Thank you strawberry much!

@mr_lincoln

“It took me quite a long time to develop a voice, and now that I have it, I am not going to be silent” ― Madeleine K. Albright

Great! 45.8% down over the same time last year with 2x+ items listed. Are you impressed? I'm certainly not!
Message 21 of 28
latest reply

@partial*eclipse wrote:

@pinupsplus wrote:
 ... it just isn't worth the hassle of using eBay shipping labels since the only savings I experience is $.20 when a buyer opts for expedited shipping. ....

The price difference between Commercial Plus and Commercial Base rates for Priority Mail is 3%, which is usually more than 20 cents.

I only use the flat rate envelopes.... $5.75 or $5.95 for me.  NOT WORTH IT FOR ME.  Please note I said that the only savings I experience is $.20.  My comment was accurate.

I'm not a lawyer, I don't even play one on TV

Blink Blink
Message 22 of 28
latest reply

@d-k_treasures

@d-k_treasures wrote:

@tweetystwades wrote:

I didn't get that either, and I agree with the other poster about "President".

Considering that some of their code seems to be from that timeframe, it's possible they think he's still around ............

Alive and well and Selling here on eBay!

Regards,
Message 23 of 28
latest reply

I figured you had either changed the screenshot OR you actually gave them your real name as President Lincoln lol

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 24 of 28
latest reply

There isn't a space between switch and from, is this really from ebay?

Message 25 of 28
latest reply

@neckular21 

@neckular21 wrote:

Yes, the original message has the Switchfrom type-o in it which @lookng2015 pointed out was from eBay Messaging.  I modified the name portion ... we're not supposed to use real first names so I changed it rather then just put a big colored blob over my name.

Regards,
Message 26 of 28
latest reply

@neckular21 wrote:

Misspellings and bad grammer is usually how you can tell it really is from ebay ...

@lookng2015

@lookng2015 wrote:
I figured you had either changed the screenshot OR you actually gave them your real name as President Lincoln lol

Exactly!  You're too smart for me to pull anything over on ...

Regards,
Message 28 of 28
latest reply