cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS tracking hasn't updated for more than 10 days

The package was shipped on Nov 25th with priority mail,  and last update showed "In Transit, Arriving Late"   on Dec 1st. Buyer is request for refund now. I tried to claim a lost package and got refused because it's still "in transit". 

What can I do?

thank you

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Explain nicely that it's Christmas and USPS is slow, and they are not updating / scanning as they should.  
Basically, be nice as long as you can....in order to delay. 
Just delay as long as you can and hope it will eventually be delivered (odds are it will).
When they ask eBay to step in and help?  
Delay as long as you can some more, then submit tracking.
If eBay refunds them?  
Oh well, that's life.   BUT, continue to check the tracking every day or so.  When it finally shows delivered?  If you're brave enough, ask them if they care to return the item.
Sometimes they will.  Sometimes they will pay again.  Sometimes......crickets.
It's all you can do...

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Thanks for your answer

The buyer is nice and already agreed to wait for couple weeks more. 

Is there anything I can do with post office? It's such a painful experience to call their customer service 😓

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Unfortunately, all you can do is wait.  I've had more than one USPS Priority Mail package take weeks to finally be delivered, but luckily none have been lost (for more than a few weeks, that is...no telling what was happening in the interim).  Things happen.  USPS not updating the tracking is certainly frustrating, but wait until you get a package that does have real-time updating as it takes a grand tour of the country.  I had one that I sent from FL to VA that ended up in Memphis, then Jacksonville (FL), then Houston, then Memphis again, all while the buyer was getting antsy.  They almost always understand when you explain that there is absolutely nothing that you, the seller, can do to affect delivery after the initial tracking scan.  Good luck and have a great day! 

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

If you call USPS.  You'll get my method used on you. LOL  (but yeah, that's fairly accurate).  

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@pineapple1900 wrote:

Thanks for your answer

The buyer is nice and already agreed to wait for couple weeks more. 

Is there anything I can do with post office? It's such a painful experience to call their customer service 😓

@pineapple1900 

Unfortunately, you've not received the very best advice so far in this thread. 

Please read this USPS page regarding missing mail and lost packages, and follow any links to additional information/instructions they provide.

https://www.usps.com/help/missing-mail.htm

When reading the page. please note that a Missing Mail search request can be submitted seven days AFTER you've filed a "Help Request form," so get on this ASAP.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

If you end up giving a refund and then suddenly you see movement, see if you can RECALL the package. You will have to pay and the package will come back to you. HOpefully it does arrive quickly.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, Memphis seems to be the black hole for packages.  I had one go in and out of there multiples times and it was within 30 miles of its destination address.  I finally contacted USPS and submitted a "missing package" claim.  You'll need the tracking # AND the buyers address to do it.  I actually got 2 phone calls from a postal worker handling the mail for the buyers address and she made SURE that it made it to my buyer.  It took a little over a month because of Memphis and I will be forever grateful to that postal worker for going above and beyond to help me!!!  I had a very patient buyer and I was glad to see that yours is willing to do the same for you.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply