cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS Undeliverd Item I get a Neg Ebay has Control

I shipped an item on Feb 8,  Has not moved much in that time.

I did two lost packages with USPS on this,  first one was weather blamed,  2nd one was closed without response.

Buyer escalated case to ebay "not received"  Ebay froze everything because they are or were waiting for shipping updates-- until the 24th of March then I suspect they will take the funds they are holding and refund the buyer. 

Today the 16th, Buyer leaves me a neg, I ask for removal because it is out of my control,  Ebay says no to the removal.

Any suggestion  are fine, but these idiots really don't know what they are doing.  I would have refunded the buyer a long time ago if ebay hadn't locked it all up. CRAZY is all I can say

Why is ebay even allowing this when a case is still open.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

This is happening a lot, and unfortunately eBay is siding with buyer on "INR" cases and sellers end up being out of goods & $. What happens when, after eBay refunds the buyer, and then goods are delivered? 9/10 times buyer does not come back and re-pays the $, nor does eBay steps up. Some buyers are well aware of this and use it to their advantage when the issue arises. We can't do much to protect ourselves

Whenever I see something hung up in the tracking system I fill out a mail not received with the USPS to send them a nudge. Also, make sure to print out the scan form and stand in line in order to get it scanned, its a p.i.t.a. but that's the only way to protect myself, once goods are in postal system, its like the pair of socks that goes in the dryer machine, but only 1 comes out. 

Good luck.  

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Thanks for the info,  I have the scan receipt and the item did move out of my area, then nothing.  I filled two missing mail claims, but that is like dumping gas on a fire with the USPS.  I did plan to refund the buyer before this, but once they opened a not received case I could not do that.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

When you say that the buyer escalated do you mean that they had already opened a case and then later on asked eBay to step in?   Or just that the buyer opened an item not received claim and can ask ebay to step in after March 24th?   

I have always been able to refund when an inr claim is open...have you tried and it wouldn’t work?  Perhaps MP works differently?

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

I'm genuinely curious where all these hangups are occurring?

I've bought probably 3-4 dozen items since December and aside from some overseas packages that are expected to be late or arrive never, I have not had a single package that was shipped domestically (even from all the way across the country) come close to arrive late.

Is this a problem with a specific service like First Class or something? Heck even Media Mail I am getting updates on and the packages are arriving on time...

I am genuinely perplexed as to all of these problems as I've not experienced any when buying from another person in the US ...

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Sometimes I think it's bad luck of the draw when items shipped are delayed or lost.  Just hope you don't have that one in a thousand U.S.P.S. employees who thinks they have actual "power" over how to handle and steal mail.  

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Your reply to the neg makes you look absurd

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Well we are all not perfect I guess  -  someday maybe I will be

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

No, your reply is NOT "absurd."  I was expecting something bad...something you could NOT take back.

In looking at your feedback as a seller, it is nice feedback that buyers took the time to give.

You seem like a great seller.  🙂

Tammy

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Thanks Tammy,  Wasn't sure why the person made the comment,  but I guess it is the way things go now.

I always go the extra yards as needed,  since I quit selling high dollar items, life has been much better and if you take a $30 hit now and then it is just part of doing business.  The buyer will get their money back and I will be out the product and that is fine. I don't insure most low dollar items.   I just thought the neg was not warranted is all.   I remember when ebay was a great place, but now everything that happens is the sellers problem.  Cheers

Message 10 of 10
latest reply