cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transaction cancelled, after complete

After "winning" an auction, paying for item and receiving email with tracking number, I was notified of refund.

The seller listed on another site and chose the alternate buyer.  My understanding has been that this is against

eBay rules/policies.  When a buyer completes a transaction, they are committed  to payment and a refund would only be granted under extenuating circumstances.   As I communicated with seller during the auction, ie:questions, she was aware of the eBay listing.  Before I leave negative feedback, I want to make sure that I'm not "off track" and unaware of policy changes.

Second, the refund was short a few dollars, I'm presuming for eBay sales fees. Why should the buyer be responsible?  

Yes, I'm quite perturbed. While the seller told me she would give me a "great deal" on another item if I check out the alternate site, that is not the case either.  

Unhappy camper 

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Also that seller owes you a FULL refund..

You are NOT responsible for their fees or any other charge when they canceled.. 

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is what this sounds like ~ The seller dual posted on 2 sites, ended up selling on both over the long weekend (unintended) and the one with the stricter cancellation policy won. This is why it's a risky game to dual post your items. 

Unscrupulous, yes, but better than the seller stringing you along while the money sits in her account.

Leave a negative, sure, totally within your right to do so.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

There used to be a way to report this, but it's been forever.   I've had to cancel and refund once or twice on physically tiny items that literally vanished into thin air between listing and sale.  Issued an immediate full refund and an abject apology.  This seller...  At least the seller didn't sit on the money.  Once the seller put themselves in that pickle there wasn't much else they could do but cancel and refund, but this definitely deserves a less-than-green donut.  

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Also that seller owes you a FULL refund..

You are NOT responsible for their fees or any other charge when they canceled.. 

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

You need to put in a complaint to ebay if you didn't receive your full refund.  Sellers can't hold fees.  Nope, nope nope!

Now on the cancelling... feedback is up to you.  

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@shelbyparker 

It could be the taxes you paid in that transaction. They are sent separately, from eBay directly because they are the entity that handled that piece of the payment. 
It should show up in a couple days. 
You may have to go through your funding source (PayPal, credit card…) for the remainder. But wait a couple days. 

No one asked, but I am looking forward to the day when having feedback default sorted by relevance seems right.
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@dryophelia wrote:

@shelbyparker 

It could be the taxes you paid in that transaction. They are sent separately, from eBay directly because they are the entity that handled that piece of the payment. 
It should show up in a couple days. 
You may have to go through your funding source (PayPal, credit card…) for the remainder. But wait a couple days. 

This is an excellent observation..

@shelbyparker You should check the original transaction or just do the math manually to see if the underpayment is equal to the tax..

Vey well done @dryophelia 

~Pika~

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, there would be no option for a partial refund on a cancellation so that would be the tax, as others have stated.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

You're right, it could be worse.  TY

Message 9 of 9
latest reply