cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Totally Being scammed by multiple buyers

Hi no protection at all from ebay as a seller. I am being scammed by several people right now all claiming item was defective when I know these bose items were all working properly whats interesting is all these buyers have

low feedback and only recent feedback on them is squaretrade warranty purchases they have made?

all this within last 2 weeks. What do I do just stop selling or continue to just lose money and get scammed? 

Is there any protection at all for a seller this is getting old

1 Bose remote buyer swapped out return claiming defective sent different serial number damaged remote back and I lost case and fully refunded.

1 Bose subwoofer over 300.00 buyer claimed defective will not respond to any messages and wants return it costs me over 60.00 shipping each direction ebay is allowing return and refund 120.00 loss latest feedback is squaretrade sale

1 bose subwoofer claiming defective again for 200.00 fully works I was just using it before I sold. sends my message saying defective and wants to resolve for a return  Latest feedback is square trade sale

1 bose remote 35.00 buyer claims defective not working latest feedback squaretrade sale

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Let's all hope that some better seller protection will be offered this year. Sorry this has happened to you.

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

Yeah thanks I I don't really know how to handle this scam? I guess I just let people ship items back and lose all the shipping costs and hope they did not swap out item for a damaged one instead.

I have one where the buyer admits to swapping out remote for 80.00 and pictures of serial numbers I sent and the different serial numbers on one I received and ebay still refunded buyer and said file a police report and that ebay does not take photos for proof???? even though there is a place to upload photos in resolution center??? . The buyer admitted to it on ebay messages and I cant get my money back . So frustrating

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

I wonder if any of those Squaretrade warranties were on your items? Makes one wonder.
Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 4 of 17
latest reply

Yes I am not quite sure , they must be scamming square trade at same time? does anyone have experience with this type of scam on here with square trade also? its too much of a coincidence that all my defective returns have squaretrade purchases on feedback also
Message 5 of 17
latest reply

@gcrown2222 wrote:

Yeah thanks I I don't really know how to handle this scam? I guess I just let people ship items back and lose all the shipping costs and hope they did not swap out item for a damaged one instead.

I have one where the buyer admits to swapping out remote for 80.00 and pictures of serial numbers I sent and the different serial numbers on one I received and ebay still refunded buyer and said file a police report and that ebay does not take photos for proof???? even though there is a place to upload photos in resolution center??? . The buyer admitted to it on ebay messages and I cant get my money back . So frustrating

Also, many times you get the item back missing papers or original boxes, some are used and can't be sold as new, but I understand ebay's position, if the buyer files a charge back, how would ebay prove beyond a doubt that you sent that serial number or received the other, it would be costly to fight. They are asking you to file a police report because they know it's not worth your time or theirs.

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

Have you asked if ebay can look at the user ID'S and see if there is a connection between the accounts?

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

:I am eBay. LIKE YOU ...........I am what eBay wants in a seller. I have sold 82 timepieces at about $20,000.00. I have 100% positive feedback and print labels and confirm sales immediately after the buyer pays my PayPal. I am not a company. Just a regular guy who has worked very hard to keep my customers happy. I have given refunds and partial refunds when applicable and notified in reasonable amount of time. I contact buyers when their package is delayed or an attempted delivery took place. I always leave positive feedback in a timely manner and never ever abused the system. I appreciate the opportunity to use ebay to sell. My problem is that eBay have become very hypocritical. There would be no eBay without sellers. I find it ridiculous that any buyer can return an item which DOES NOT fall into the ebay money back guarantee which states if the item is not as described or damaged this takes effect. Well my item was exactly as described and the buyer still accused me of sending him a fake. There were 12 pictures in the listing and the buyer asked questions before purchasing. I asked how he knows its fake? He said his friend told him it is. His friend is not a jeweler and does not work for Invicta. I told him to just remove the back case and or take it to a jeweler and he can see from the inside that this is a real Swiss Made Invicta. After that he stopped contacting me. Have not heard from him in three days. When I called ebay to have this case closed to my surprise they still wanted me to issue a refund even thought he has disappeared and did not answer my response for three days. They offered to send a label for me? I cant wrap my head around this?? My listing says no refunds. The timepiece was exactly as described and its a real Invicta and he knows that that is why he gave up pursuing this. I give up too on ebay. I am done and will move my selling to Amazon. There comes a time when you have to stand on principle and have no confidence that ebay is looking out for my best interests

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

:I am eBay. I am what eBay wants in a seller. I have sold 82 timepieces at about $20,000.00. I have 100% positive feedback and print labels and confirm sales immediately after the buyer pays my PayPal. I am not a company. Just a regular guy who has worked very hard to keep my customers happy. I have given refunds and partial refunds when applicable and notified in reasonable amount of time. I contact buyers when their package is delayed or an attempted delivery took place. I always leave positive feedback in a timely manner and never ever abused the system. I appreciate the opportunity to use ebay to sell. My problem is that eBay have become very hypocritical. There would be no eBay without sellers. I find it ridiculous that any buyer can return an item which DOES NOT fall into the ebay money back guarantee which states if the item is not as described or damaged this takes effect. Well my item was exactly as described and the buyer still accused me of sending him a fake. There were 12 pictures in the listing and the buyer asked questions before purchasing. I asked how he knows its fake? He said his friend told him it is. His friend is not a jeweler and does not work for Invicta. I told him to just remove the back case and or take it to a jeweler and he can see from the inside that this is a real Swiss Made Invicta. After that he stopped contacting me. Have not heard from him in three days. When I called ebay to have this case closed to my surprise they still wanted me to issue a refund even thought he has disappeared and did not answer my response for three days. They offered to send a label for me? I cant wrap my head around this?? My listing says no refunds. The timepiece was exactly as described and its a real Invicta and he knows that that is why he gave up pursuing this. I give up too on ebay. I am done and will move my selling to Amazon. There comes a time when you have to stand on principle and have no confidence that ebay is looking out for my best interests

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

I am eBay. I am what eBay wants in a seller. I have sold 82 timepieces at about $20,000.00. I have 100% positive feedback and print labels and confirm sales immediately after the buyer pays my PayPal. I am not a company. Just a regular guy who has worked very hard to keep my customers happy. I have given refunds and partial refunds when applicable and notified in reasonable amount of time. I contact buyers when their package is delayed or an attempted delivery took place. I always leave positive feedback in a timely manner and never ever abused the system. I appreciate the opportunity to use ebay to sell. My problem is that eBay have become very hypocritical. There would be no eBay without sellers. I find it ridiculous that any buyer can return an item which DOES NOT fall into the ebay money back guarantee which states if the item is not as described or damaged this takes effect. Well my item was exactly as described and the buyer still accused me of sending him a fake. There were 12 pictures in the listing and the buyer asked questions before purchasing. I asked how he knows its fake? He said his friend told him it is. His friend is not a jeweler and does not work for Invicta. I told him to just remove the back case and or take it to a jeweler and he can see from the inside that this is a real Swiss Made Invicta. After that he stopped contacting me. Have not heard from him in three days. When I called ebay to have this case closed to my surprise they still wanted me to issue a refund even thought he has disappeared and did not answer my response for three days. They offered to send a label for me? I cant wrap my head around this?? My listing says no refunds. The timepiece was exactly as described and its a real Invicta and he knows that that is why he gave up pursuing this. I give up too on ebay. I am done and will move my selling to Amazon. There comes a time when you have to stand on principle and have no confidence that ebay is looking out for my best interests

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

good question I will try to have them look but I am sure they will still just let it happen if it they were connected , I guess it would just protect future sellers if they close these accounts.
Message 11 of 17
latest reply

There was one scam many years ago that I was able to win a case and that was when photo evidence was allowed in a dispute case. This was an item that had a hallmark that showed exactly what is was. A buyer accused us of sending a fake. I asked them to show the back of the piece which had the hallmark in the photo. This was an extremely rare item so they either had to have a fake , which were rarer because these things just could not be duplicated, to show OR they had to actually show what we sent. They then sent the photo of the real item with the hallmark smack dab in the photo in the dispute. Case Won, without a doubt.

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

I am also going to look for other ways to sell , Being a responsible seller , packing items properly , giving great service and just get taken by scammers oh and then they can leave you a nice big fat negative at same time so much fun.
Message 13 of 17
latest reply

@steveq1701 wrote:

:I am eBay. LIKE YOU ...........I am what eBay wants in a seller. I have sold 82 timepieces at about $20,000.00. I have 100% positive feedback and print labels and confirm sales immediately after the buyer pays my PayPal. I am not a company. Just a regular guy who has worked very hard to keep my customers happy. I have given refunds and partial refunds when applicable and notified in reasonable amount of time. I contact buyers when their package is delayed or an attempted delivery took place. I always leave positive feedback in a timely manner and never ever abused the system. I appreciate the opportunity to use ebay to sell. My problem is that eBay have become very hypocritical. There would be no eBay without sellers. I find it ridiculous that any buyer can return an item which DOES NOT fall into the ebay money back guarantee which states if the item is not as described or damaged this takes effect. Well my item was exactly as described and the buyer still accused me of sending him a fake. There were 12 pictures in the listing and the buyer asked questions before purchasing. I asked how he knows its fake? He said his friend told him it is. His friend is not a jeweler and does not work for Invicta. I told him to just remove the back case and or take it to a jeweler and he can see from the inside that this is a real Swiss Made Invicta. After that he stopped contacting me. Have not heard from him in three days. When I called ebay to have this case closed to my surprise they still wanted me to issue a refund even thought he has disappeared and did not answer my response for three days. They offered to send a label for me? I cant wrap my head around this?? My listing says no refunds. The timepiece was exactly as described and its a real Invicta and he knows that that is why he gave up pursuing this. I give up too on ebay. I am done and will move my selling to Amazon. There comes a time when you have to stand on principle and have no confidence that ebay is looking out for my best interests

You're assuming that all sellers are like you, there are many many many fake sellers on ebay.

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

Yes, it would help. And even if this situation is not in your favor, somewhere down the road, others would be helped if people are using multiple ID's that can be traced.

Message 15 of 17
latest reply