cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Total NEW page for new item listings? New screen for description! W T F ???

Tried to make a new listing tonight, as I always do....halfway into the listing, I was called/ distracted away, (as is life!)....when I came back to the listing...I was affronted with totally different parameters...and a new "looK"...and I wasn't even able to post my listing because, (according to this new page) I'd used Javascript, or Iframe, or cookie script, or I don't even know what else, but for sure I'd NEVER used ANY of these things they accused me of!!!!.....when I came to this forum to investigate, NOBODY had posted anything relating to this....am I all alone in this world, or can anyone else relate to this grief????!!!!!!

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

@dippitydoo do you have a screenshot of what you saw? Was there any errors when you tried to post your listing? Im just a bit confused.

I am not an eBay employee but I sure feel like one sometimes
eBay Community Mentor Since 8-07-2023
Used to be panda75654
This is my only account. I do not own any other eBay accounts and will not ask for personal information. Stay safe!
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

You are not alone as I have watched, and painfully experienced, eBay doing multiple changes in "NEW" selling formats over the last three or more months. In the middle of a terrible pandemic "we" the "bedrock" of eBay get the "latest - greatest" the IT - Sales Dept. of eBay decided to change in order to frustrate, annoy and stress us - the small seller to the max. All of these changes from getting rid of PayPal to now having direct access to my bank account.  Classic eBay was simple and easy to use - but "no" the "powers that be" decided they needed to force us into a new format - frustrating and very complex and frankly most of it is useless. I started on eBay over 20 years ago - I used the system to sell items and make extra money. Now I work for eBay and must have performance reports and produce, and produce - make the "sale and cut my prices." I suspect I am not alone and neither are you - all of this is not for our benefit - it's making more money for eBay.  I find the item, buy it, research it, photograph it, describe it and do the packing and shipping, and take customer complaints due to the very slow U. S. Postal Services - and now I have pressure from eBay to sell more and yet another change in the selling process!  Wow - no wonder you are feeling tired and stressed - I sure feel stressed and depressed.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

@dippitydoo 

Did it switch you over to the new listing tool?

Have a great day
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Thank you all for your replies!!  I'm not sue if I did something odd or off to have gotten the pages I did when listing...but it was SOOOO bizarre!!  And, I am actually afraid to list anything else!  The messaging from Ebay on my listing page was SO severe, accusing me of using some programs that I have never even heard of, much less used!!  It was so weird and I don't really know ow to proceed from here.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Hello.....okay....took me a bit of a spell to figure out how to capture an image to show you all of what I was shown on my listing....so hopefully here it is......LIST.PNG

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Ok, well...I was finally able to list the item, by starting all over with a new listing...I must have selected some weird option of having Ebay place listing prompts into the listing to help someone who doesn't know how to list, in the description area it had the Ebay logo and all sorts of other stuff...I tried to delete them, and even used their own button to "remove items" that was holding up the listing, and it still wouldn't list.  But Anyhow...things are moving smoothly again and I should learn not to list after having a few glasses of wine, lol! 😜  Thanks everyone!

-Dippity

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

2021 Spring Seller Update - You can now start using the unified listing experience

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/seller-updates/2021-spring/listing.html#unified-listing 

Try out the unified listing experience

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/Try-out-the-unified-listing-experience/ba-p/31536605 

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

@eunster1313 wrote:

2021 Spring Seller Update - You can now start using the unified listing experience

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/seller-updates/2021-spring/listing.html#unified-listing 

Try out the unified listing experience

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/Try-out-the-unified-listing-experience/ba-p/31536605 

If people are mad about loosing the classic page, what are they going to do when they have to use the new screwed up listing tool.

Have a great day
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

@dippitydoo 

DD,

I saw your initial post on this yesterday, and then just today I had exactly the same problem.

I looked at the html tab of listing input (the tab next to the regular description tab). It contained thousands of lines of code which would not delete! Then I clicked on the regular description tab and saw that it contained a copy of the whole listing page (not my listing - a copy the eBay listing page full of check-boxes and directions, etc).  Apparently this was the html that I had seen - the origin of the red-text complaints about javascript and iframes, etc.

Like you, I ended up redoing the listing. I was lucky that I had an older version that contained 95% of it. I copied the (good) html from that listing and pasted it into the html tab of the redo listing and was OK.

Mike

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

I'm having a similar issue.  I was updating a listing for a current auction.  In the middle of editing I noticed that the picture editing tools where gone and then saw the note at the top right hand corner of the page - "Try the new listing tool".  So I quickly realized that our friends at ebay were subtly coaxing me in to a change.  So I gave it a try.  The Unified listing tool does have some neat features with the picture editing - other that rearranging all the item specifics for the listing (which of course takes getting used to) - there's not much difference.  The one problem that I have is with my text in 'Description' field.  The field comes up with "Show HTML View" checked.  As an seasoned electrical engineer I understand what HTML is, but this view is useless to anyone other that an experienced software Web programmer, which I would speculate the majority of ebay sellers are not!  When I unclick HTML view, some of the gibberish disappears but is does not revert back to the Text I had.  So what's going on here?  Do you have to start with fresh text?  Can't translate from a previous listing?  or is the new tool just broken?

Ebay monitor, if you are listening - please understand that it is the sellers that have made this company the success that it is.  I get that the purpose of your software design group is to change and improve the buying and selling experience but something is going wrong here.  When changes are rolled that are not properly vetted, that impede a sellers ability to efficiently list an item, there is a problem with you process.  In my opinion you need more involvement vetting these 'improvements' from a large group of knowledgeable involved buys and sellers - we are partners - right?

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Guys - I just figured out a new twist with this mess.  I have two computers I use.  The main one for listing on ebay is running windows 7 with vers 89 Firefox browser.  This is where i noticed the picture editing tools have disappeared in the 'classic' list tool and in the new unified listing tool, the 'Description' text is full of HTML garbage.  Just tried this on my window 10 computer running vers 89 Firefox.  Picture editing tools are present & working in the Classic listing tool and in the new unified listing tool, 'Description' text looks much better, although missing some spaces between some of the words.  So they apparently platform related and they didn't check out the software for older versions of Windows.  Go figure.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply