cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top rated plus question on domestic vs international

Hi I qualify for top rated plus and never have had it before. 

I see top rated plus requires 30 day free returns. 

My listing ship local and international through the global shipping program. 

Do my returns for the top rated plus need to be international? Or can they just be local?

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Just wanting to clarify:

• Top Rated Seller is a seller designation.
  • Top Rated Seller PLUS is a listing designation.

In order for a listing to qualify for the TRS+ designation, it must include:

• Same or one-business-day handling, and
  • A 30-day-or-longer free return period with money back option.

A TRS seller can have listings that do qualify for TRS+ and listings that don't qualify.

Here's a good eBay help page that explains both TRS and TRS+ designations:

Top Rated Seller Program 

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Seller levels and performance standards | eBay

Some categories do not require 30 days and some categories are exempt, etc (see attached link and full list of circumstances, etc.

As @eleanor*rigby shared - it can be on some listings and not on others.  Unfortunately, International buyers would also be afforded the 30 day returns.  Good luck!

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

I notice on that page it says:

“Top Rated Sellers who reside in the US and list on eBay.com receive additional protections benefits when they offer 30-day-or-longer returns.”

so to receive benefits regardless you need to offer 30 day returns?

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

This is a ploy by eBay to get you to offer 30 day free returns for your listings. It's up to you whether you wish to do that. I offer 30 day returns, but not free, on the items I post. Although, based on what the scammers and most buyers know about he MBG and how to avoid remorse returns you are going to pay one way or another. What I found about free returns is it encourages buyers to buy something to see if they like it or they put it together, take it apart and then file a SNAD case. 

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

But couldn’t you issue a 50% refund in that case?

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

To qualify for top rated plus on a listing free returns used to be needed on domestic transactions only.  That has changed slightly for some of us but if you are in the US listing on .com and your item location is in the US then you only need to offer free returns within the US. 

From July 2020, free returns must be based on your item's location in order for you to qualify for Top Rated Plus:

• If the item location is in the same country as the eBay site you listed on, you need to offer 30-day free domestic returns
  • If the item location isn't in the same country as the eBay site you listed on, you need to offer 30-day free international returns

In some product categories, we'll extend the discount benefit (but not the seal) even if you don't offer 30-day free returns.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/selling/seller-levels-performance-standards?id=4080&st=3&pos=1&que...

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Unfortunately, International buyers would also be afforded the 30 day returns. Good luck!

@katzrul15

Assuming that you are referring to free 30 day returns, as explained in my last post, that isn't necessarily true.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

How does free returns encourage buyers to do that?    If they are going to file a SNAD it doesn't matter whether the seller had free returns or not..return shipping is paid regardless.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

You don't need free returns to claim the 50% if something was returned damaged.  Top rated sellers who offer 30 day buyer paid returns also qualify for that.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Depends on how the item came back. I am not going to lie to eBay and make a false claim that the buyer returned the item in a damaged state when they may not have. As for the $6 refund on the return postage that does little to offset the outgoing postage or the FVF's that eBay still retains. EBay does nothing that is going to have a significant detrimental impact to their bottom line. 

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

@dbfolks166mt the way I read it you made it sound like they used the item, they built it and trsted it then disassembled it as you stated. 

Just seems like you would be protected either way. 

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

The problem was it was a Lego set and nothing was broken, missing and they repacked it after they disassembled it. I basically got back what I had sent. The SNAD by the buyer may have been bogus but not much I can do about that. 

Message 13 of 13
latest reply