cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tips For Selling Furniture Locally

Hello,

I am a new seller to Ebay and I listed my first item. For your convenience, I included a link to the listing below. I could really use some advice about local pick-up options, selling  and promoting my item.

Thank you. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/353523080640?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Remove the shipping to USA - choose Free Local Pick Up only.

Do not be swayed by a buyer's request to ship, even if they offer to pay for shippping, as if they claim later for INAD you will need to pay for return shipping cost to get your item back which would be cost prohibitive to you.

If someone buys and pays, and then asks for shipping, cancel the sale citing 'problem with buyer address' and refund.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/shipping-items/setting-shipping-options/local-pickup?id=4181&st=12...

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

If you are selling locally, due to pick up limitations, you could potentially advertise your item in other platforms, some are free, and perhaps achieve the same exposure or more. With eBay, you will be swamped with non-local buyers that will try to sway you to ship. 

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Okay. Thanks for the tip. 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Okay, thanks. I already tried Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest, as well as many Facebook groups. Any other places that you recommend?

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@greant_98 wrote:

Okay, thanks. I already tried Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest, as well as many Facebook groups. Any other places that you recommend?

Offer Up and Craigs List. Just be prepared for a lot more tire kickers than what you may already get through Facebook (from what I've seen at least).

Never tried it myself, but I think you can buy stuff off of Instagram. But it might just share listings with Facebook.

Not sure if it's doable via eBay, but for the other sites. If you have the means, you can also charge a delivery fee for the bigger stuff. You may want to look into insurance for that. Particularly if you do more than drop it at their door vs actually go inside someones home or business (wife used to groom dogs and would go in a lot of peoples homes and she paid a little extra for her liability insurance in case she damaged something or hurt someone). But I can easily see $50-$120 to deliver something like that desk for instance.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Craigslist, FB marketplace, eBay. Craigslist is the best for these IMO, but put like a different email, cause anyone can click and see it.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply