cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time zone considered for acceptance scan time? Late shipping, seller Performance

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/seller-levels-performance-standards/seller-levels-performance-stan...

Late shipment rates:

• There's no acceptance scan within your handling time

When acceptance scan time is considered, does the system differentiate the time zone where the originating post office is located? I drop off packages at post office on counter every day. Sometimes packages are not scanned until early next day but 99% before 3:00 am. I live in an east coast state where my local time before 3:00 am is counted yesterday on west coast. I hope this will not be counted as late acceptance scan.

Considering the scan time could be in early morning of next day but seller actually drops package in time, I request eBay to modify their software such that scan received before next day's 8:00 am local time should be still counted on time as if accepted yesterday.  Obviously no post office is open before 8:00 am in the morning so the scan is for package dropped yesterday.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Time zone considered for acceptance scan time? Late shipping, seller Performance

Everything runs on Pacific time and that will never change.

If you sell something today, 14 Mar, and have a one day handling time, it must have a scan by 23.59 Pacific time tomorrow, 15 Mar or it is considered a late shipment.  If the package is scanned by 02.59 Eastern on the 16th, it will still fall under the one day handling time because of the time difference. If it gets scanned at 03.00, it's late.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Everything runs on Pacific time and that will never change.

If you sell something today, 14 Mar, and have a one day handling time, it must have a scan by 23.59 Pacific time tomorrow, 15 Mar or it is considered a late shipment.  If the package is scanned by 02.59 Eastern on the 16th, it will still fall under the one day handling time because of the time difference. If it gets scanned at 03.00, it's late.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 2 of 2
latest reply