cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time to respond to item not received reduced from 6 days to 3 days

90% of the time those three extra days are enough for a package to shake loose and show movement. Every time I have called CS to get a extension they have refused, even when tracking within the last 24 hours showed movement.

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

@coins_artifacts wrote:

90% of the time those three extra days are enough for a package to shake loose and show movement. Every time I have called CS to get a extension they have refused, even when tracking within the last 24 hours showed movement.

@Anonymous  Trinton, in previous posts we were told that if tracking showed movement in the last 72 hours that a 5 day extension would be given if we contacted CS.  Has this changed?   If not what should the OP do when they call and are refused an extension even though tracking shows progress?

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 2 of 17
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@coins_artifacts wrote:

Hi @coins_artifacts, generally speaking if there has been an update to the status of the tracking within the last  7 days in a domestic shipment, or within the last 10 days for an international shipment, then we will allow more time for delivery. I couldn't find a recent request on your account where additional time was not provided when it should have been and then decided against you, but I'm happy to look into any specific example you feel was not handled appropriately. Let me know if you would like me to touch base with you via email for the specific transaction details and I will reach out, no problem!

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

The extra 3 days also prevented ebay from forcing more sellers into the extra 40% in FVF's. Since INR's were added to this metric mix, ebay came up with a way to make it pay off for them. WE all keep up by reading here and communicating these things with each other. Ebay counts on the 90% who don't come to the boards, and just accept eBay's latest money grabs, however much they may fume over it.

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

@hioctane62 

Very High INR rates do not pay additional fees - that's only for the SNAD metric.

Good night and good luck
Message 5 of 17
latest reply

The last I understood, INR cases filed did count toward the very high % fee hike, even if found in the seller's favor. Maybe others can support either your position or mine, or better yet, maybe someone can provide a link to the policy? I'm not sure where to find it.

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

You can read about it in the 2018 Summer Seller Update @hioctane62 

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/seller-updates/2018-summer/selling-metrics-and-shipping.html#m2...

Item not as described - an additional 4% fee in affected categories

Item not received - time added to buyer-facing delivery estimates for affected shipping destinations

Good night and good luck
Message 7 of 17
latest reply

OK... I'll admit when I'm wrong. After reading the link you provided and digging in some other policy areas, I see there is NOT currently a fee penalty for INR cases. I do remember reading something about it last fall, but I guess my final takeaway on it was incorrect. I will add, however, that ebay already has it set up to do so, with the "items not received" tab on your service metrics page comparing your percentage to your peers, right alongside the "not as described" tab. 

Ebay is monetizing everything they can, and I expect to see this penalty added very soon, possibly in the update coming later this month.

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

Service Metrics Against Seller:

Missing parts or pieces

Arrived damaged

Not working or defective

Wrong item

Not as described

Not authentic 

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

@hioctane62 wrote:

The extra 3 days also prevented ebay from forcing more sellers into the extra 40% in FVF's. Since INR's were added to this metric mix, ebay came up with a way to make it pay off for them. WE all keep up by reading here and communicating these things with each other. Ebay counts on the 90% who don't come to the boards, and just accept eBay's latest money grabs, however much they may fume over it.

This isn't quite accurate, not in relation to INRs and the Service Metrics.

Consequences of Very High rates

If you are evaluated as Very High, the following consequences may apply to your listings on the eBay sites and in the categories or shipping categories where the Very High evaluation applies:

• Item not as described: An additional 4% final value fees for listings in the categories where you are currently evaluated as Very High
    Note: This additional 4 percentage points fee is calculated on the total amount of the sale, including shipping. Final value fee discounts, including Top Rated Sellerdiscounts, do not apply to this additional fee. See our selling fees article for more information on how final value fees are calculated.
  • Item not received: Time automatically added to buyer-facing delivery estimates for the shipping categories where you are currently evaluated as Very High

Consequences won't be applied once your rating improves and you are no longer evaluated as Very High.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/selling-policies/seller-performance-policy/service-metrics-policy...

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 10 of 17
latest reply

@calntom wrote:

Missing parts or pieces

Arrived damaged

Not working or defective

Wrong item

Not as described

Not authentic 

It isn't quite that simple or straight forward.  When a buyer falsely files a SNAD in an effort to avoid paying return shipping, even if a seller has clear proof that the SNAD should have been a BR request, Ebay will NOT change it.  So there are actual BR requests getting counted as SNADs, which isn't fair to seller in any way.  

Ebay claims they have this accounted for in the metrics they use to eval us.  However Ebay is not transparent about any of this.  It is all a secret sauce.  

For me, the Service Metrics is the single worst policy Ebay has ever released.  It is sell serving and Ebay has complete control over this without ANY transparency and they are the ones that get a financial gain for those they drop into the penalty bucket.  It is a conflict of interest on Ebay's part since they have financial rewards to the applying this penalty on some sellers.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 11 of 17
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

@calntom wrote:

Missing parts or pieces

Arrived damaged

Not working or defective

Wrong item

Not as described

Not authentic 

It isn't quite that simple or straight forward.  When a buyer falsely files a SNAD in an effort to avoid paying return shipping, even if a seller has clear proof that the SNAD should have been a BR request, Ebay will NOT change it.  So there are actual BR requests getting counted as SNADs, which isn't fair to seller in any way.  

Ebay claims they have this accounted for in the metrics they use to eval us.  However Ebay is not transparent about any of this.  It is all a secret sauce.  

For me, the Service Metrics is the single worst policy Ebay has ever released.  It is sell serving and Ebay has complete control over this without ANY transparency and they are the ones that get a financial gain for those they drop into the penalty bucket.  It is a conflict of interest on Ebay's part since they have financial rewards to the applying this penalty on some sellers.

It actually is quite that simple. If a buyer chooses one of those 6 reasons for a return, the seller will have it counted against their seller metrics. 

I agree that the service metrics policy is the worst I have ever seen here. I call it reckless, at best.

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

@hioctane62 wrote:

The last I understood, INR cases filed did count toward the very high % fee hike, even if found in the seller's favor. Maybe others can support either your position or mine, or better yet, maybe someone can provide a link to the policy? I'm not sure where to find it.

@hioctane62 as mentioned in the previous post INRs do NOT impact the return rate metrics.  However, a seller with a very high INR rate can have their handling time changed to 30 days which flags their listings in search and likely drops them significantly in best match algorithms.

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

@Anonymous thank you for the information, I couldn't remember the exact timeframes.

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

@dtexley3  and all

Please read post #8 in this thread.

Message 15 of 17
latest reply