cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time off vs extended handling time

I used to bulk edit my listings to 10 days handling time when taking a week off for vacation but have been unable to do that with the new updates so I used the time away option . With the extended handling time I still made sales but since I started using time away I have not made 1 single sale during that time . Has anyone else experienced that?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

@daddyfish58 

When you used the Time Away, did you hide your listings?

Have a great day.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I checked your listings and don't see any "time away" message.    Did you turn it on?

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Personally, if my absence is that long (10 days), I use Time Away and hide my listings. I'd not even want to answer questions about my items if I didn't have them with me. But that's just me...

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

No, the last time I used Time Away (in March), I made lots of sales.   Maybe you accidentally clicked to hide them?  I think that may be the default. 

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I just returned from "time away" but let buyers buy from me still. I took 2 weeks off. Actually, my sales were really good with "time away". I had about 80 sales plus the day I return another 10. But I notified all buyers that their item would not be mailed until the day I returned...by email. 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I recall reading on some past threads where if you used the Time Away feature, even after you turn it off, it somehow still has you on time away. You won't get any views, or sales. The workaround is going through your listing and hit revise, and save, that should "re-activate" them. The same can be said for the flipside, you use the Time Away feature, and yet you still have sales while the feature is on and you are unable to attend to it and get a strike. Granted, with all the numerous changes we've had, no idea if this is valid now. I certainly agree that there should a simple active/inactive switch that you can set.

I myself have used the Time Awat feature when I will be out more than 3 days, and when I'm back I revise the items. Granted, it's easier for me since I'm a small seller, only 18 listing. Good luck. 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply