cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is the reason I never automatically leave Feedback for Buyers until they receive the item

Item #273478756869 - The John Lennon Collection by John Lennon (CD, Oct-1989)

I received a refund request from a buyer who claimed she ordered an LP, not a CD.   She claims that I sent her the wrong item and is "not as described."   I shipped her a CD.  Why?  Because the title states it is a CD.  The description states that it is a CD.  The photo clearly shows that it is a CD in a jewel case, not a cardboard sleeve.

This is exactly why I never leave feedback for someone right away just because they paid for it.  I am reluctantly issuing a full refund, including her shipping.  Ebay rep said that when I receive it back, they will issue me a refund on the return shipping fee I had to pay for.  

Buyers takes no responsibility for their obvious mistake and gets a full refund.

Message 1 of 37
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

This is the reason I never automatically leave Feedback for Buyers until they receive the item

I just received another email from the buyer.  She said "not to bother with the refund.  I will look for the LP somewhere else."    I had already sent her the label to return it for free.

It sounds like she still thinks I made the mistake and am withholding the LP from her for some reason.  Perhaps she thought I would tell her to just keep the CD, and I'll give her a refund anyway?  What annoyed me is the false accusation.  Hey, if I'm wrong, I'm the first to admit it, then proceed to make it right.

I held my tongue and didn't reply to her email.   If she doesn't process the return by October 30th, I get the refund.  Little does she know, but this incident will be noted on her account, in case she pulls this stunt again.  The Ebay rep told me so.

BTW I'm not hung up on feedback either.  I just don't want to lose my 100% positive feedback rating after 15 years of selling on Ebay.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 10 of 37
latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

sorry that happened to you.

If it's any comfort...even if you had left feedback already, nobody reads buyers' feedback received anyway.  Just their feedback left.

Feedback received, for buyers, is just a meaningless gesture that for some of them, provides some kind of stroke to their ego.  To readers, it's a nothing burger - not even worth looking at

THIS SPACE LEFT INTENTIONALLY BLANK
Message 2 of 37
latest reply

1CA6D0B1-3362-458C-B672-A051B9B0FCD9.png

Duration - Album 

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 3 of 37
latest reply

Sorry, community error tweaking, I’m guessing. ^^^ I wonder if that was where they got that from?
It’s clearly a CD.

Message 4 of 37
latest reply

@loveyourimagination49 wrote:

1CA6D0B1-3362-458C-B672-A051B9B0FCD9.png

Duration - Album 

That’s the correct choice though. The OP sold an album. Album=doesn’t mean it’s a record or LP.  If the buyer doesn’t know what duration is......then maybe that’s why they thought it was a record even though it’s clearly not 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 5 of 37
latest reply

I see your point.  However, my choices for "Duration" were:  

Album

Box Set

EP

Max 1 Single

Mini Album

Single

Yep, it's an album on a CD.  😉

Message 6 of 37
latest reply

Sorry Jen, you completely lost me on that!

Message 7 of 37
latest reply

You can always "Follow up to Feedback Left For Others" if buyer turns out to be a scammer, but not in this case for sure.

Message 8 of 37
latest reply

IMHO buyer feedback is utterly meaningless and when a seller leaves it has no effect on anything. 

Message 9 of 37
latest reply

I just received another email from the buyer.  She said "not to bother with the refund.  I will look for the LP somewhere else."    I had already sent her the label to return it for free.

It sounds like she still thinks I made the mistake and am withholding the LP from her for some reason.  Perhaps she thought I would tell her to just keep the CD, and I'll give her a refund anyway?  What annoyed me is the false accusation.  Hey, if I'm wrong, I'm the first to admit it, then proceed to make it right.

I held my tongue and didn't reply to her email.   If she doesn't process the return by October 30th, I get the refund.  Little does she know, but this incident will be noted on her account, in case she pulls this stunt again.  The Ebay rep told me so.

BTW I'm not hung up on feedback either.  I just don't want to lose my 100% positive feedback rating after 15 years of selling on Ebay.

Message 10 of 37
latest reply

The longer a seller goes with no negative feedback, the more painful it seems when a neg finally appears.  But trust me - the pain goes away.  🙂

THIS SPACE LEFT INTENTIONALLY BLANK
Message 11 of 37
latest reply

@missjen831 wrote:
The OP sold an album. Album=doesn’t mean it’s a record or LP.  If the buyer doesn’t know what duration is......then maybe that’s why they thought it was a record even though it’s clearly not 

Let me say first that I am not suggesting that the OP has done anything wrong here, but speaking as an Old Far-- wait, sorry, speaking as a member of the Beatles era, I still have to admit that when I see the word "album," I think of an LP, never a CD,  even though I agree on a... technical?... basis with what you're saying.  I mean, even a photo album refers to something that's the size of an LP, not a CD. 

Maybe to help avoid future clueless buyers, especially those reading mobile listings, you could add a new entry in the "About This Item" section reading "Format: CD" and see if that helps to reinforce the message.

Message 12 of 37
latest reply

We wont do it either.  Best regards

Message 13 of 37
latest reply

"This is exactly why I never leave feedback for someone right away just because they paid for it."

I have seen other sellers say  the same thing.

But, I don't understand what "feedback" for a buyer has to do with anything the buyer does after paying.

I thought we should use feedback for buyers the way which is most beneficial to the SELLER.  How can "not giving the buyer feedback quickly" be beneficial to the seller?

Message 14 of 37
latest reply

@phanoto wrote:

"This is exactly why I never leave feedback for someone right away just because they paid for it."

I have seen other sellers say  the same thing.

But, I don't understand what "feedback" for a buyer has to do with anything the buyer does after paying.

I thought we should use feedback for buyers the way which is most beneficial to the SELLER.  How can "not giving the buyer feedback quickly" be beneficial to the seller?

How is a buyers feedback from a seller ever beneficial to the seller since the seller cannot leave anything but positive feedback? How is it beneficial to a seller, if you give the buyer positive feedback as soon as they pay and then the buyer turns around and scams the seller?

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 15 of 37
latest reply